On-demand global weather via SMS ???

Not sure where else to post this so here goes.

Long ago I recall a service where you could text your lat/long and get back a weather forecast. Does anyone know if this still exists and if so, where can I get info on it?

If it does not exist, it should! I'd like to be able to text my location from my SpotX and get back a forecast.

Yep. In Reach does have weather. I have the SpotX and at the risk of starting a flame war still find it to be the more cost effective and robust platform. I have no interest in switching at this time. I would like to find a service that can SMS a weather report...and I think there used to be one.

KensyLuisee

I remember using a similar service back in the day, and it was quite convenient. I did a quick search and found a few services that offer on-demand global weather via SMS. However, keep in mind that these services may send frequent messages, which can be annoying. It's a good idea to test it out with a free USA number before signing up for anything. You could use the service to check the weather before going on a hike or a camping trip, for example. InReach does have weather, but if you prefer using SpotX, it's understandable. Hopefully, you'll find a service that suits your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles