On board Air Quick-disconnect

mrfoamy

Mrfoamy
I am planning on an Extreme Outback Magnum compressor for my F-350 but need a good location for the air quick-disconnect. My camper will extend over the rear preventing a license plate location, so I am thinking of drilling the side of the bumper and mounting a disconnect there. Any better ideas? And any optimal part source for your suggestion making this an easy job?

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
I can’t help with mounting location, but here are some parts I’m using on my Jeep that I’m super happy with:

Universal quick disconnect (very high quality):

Cover that happens to fit quick disconnect:
Dixon Valve K4DC Nitrile ISO-A Interchange Hydraulic Fitting, Dust Cap, 1/2" Coupling, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE8V4G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lYPRCbT3QQMR2

Bulkhead fitting for quick disconnect, can probably source many places:

Cool array of misc brackets (and more) if you decide not to punch a hole in your bumper:

For mounting my quick connects, I just cut a simple, square bracket from aluminum stock, drilled it out to accommodate the bulkhead fitting I linked, them sandwiches the bracket between the frame and bumper (in each rear wheel well). The bracket is held in by the bolts that attach the bumper to the frame. Might be Jeep specific.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I can’t help with mounting location, but here are some parts I’m using on my Jeep that I’m super happy with:

Universal quick disconnect (very high quality):

Cover that happens to fit quick disconnect:
Dixon Valve K4DC Nitrile ISO-A Interchange Hydraulic Fitting, Dust Cap, 1/2" Coupling, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE8V4G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lYPRCbT3QQMR2

Bulkhead fitting for quick disconnect, can probably source many places:

Cool array of misc brackets (and more) if you decide not to punch a hole in your bumper:

For mounting my quick connects, I just cut a simple, square bracket from aluminum stock, drilled it out to accommodate the bulkhead fitting I linked, them sandwiches the bracket between the frame and bumper (in each rear wheel well). The bracket is held in by the bolts that attach the bumper to the frame. Might be Jeep specific.

Awesome find with the bulkhead fitting. I've been looking for one to use in a propane project. Thanks for posting it!

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Not that I give a crap what you do, Not a Gasfitter either.
Perhaps be sure those connectors are ok for fuelgas...

Says they are rated for 1200 psi max. My 20 lbs. propane tank should be well under 400 psi in front of the regulators. Do they have different flavors of brass? Just about every propane setup I've seen uses brass of some sort.

Maybe someone that knows about propane could speak up before I blow my butt up? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier