On Board Air Compressor Installation Questions

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
My Puma PD1006 has zero issue removing the lug nuts quickly on my Ram 3500. They are torqued to 145#, significantly more than whatever most people drive. I don't know what you guys are doing wrong to have issues using an impact gun. And the best part is it just sits there for months waiting to be used. No batteries to recharge or be dead when i need to use it.

I've got enough batteries to keep charged. I don't need another set in the truck.
I have no issue with air and an impact gun, they work just fine. Use them at home all the time. Some of the people in the club have OBA sufficient for air tools, some bring along electric tools. Whatever works for you.

My solution to generating lots of torque has been the same for 25 years and hasn't let me down, yet anyway. Actually have had the same one packed in 3 different trucks now.

capri-tools-breaker-bars-cp40120-64_1000_mid.jpg

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I have no issue with air and an impact gun, they work just fine. Use them at home all the time. Some of the people in the club have OBA sufficient for air tools, some bring along electric tools. Whatever works for you.

My solution to generating lots of torque has been the same for 25 years and hasn't let me down, yet anyway. Actually have had the same one packed in 3 different trucks now.

View attachment 539621

Totally agree on that. I keep a 24" bar under the back seat ever since I couldn't break the lugs on a boat trailer with a 4 way years ago. Just stand up with a straight arm and you can loosen almost anything.

Alloy

I used adjustable pressure switch with a dump valve to save wear and tear the system. Normally set at 95psi but it can be jack up to 125psi to fill the tires.
20190918_084835.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online