OME lift instructions

ryanhewitt

Adventurer
I'm getting ready to install an OME 2.5 lift on my TJ and can't find the install instructions anywhere. I contacted ARB and they said they don't include instructions, that lift kits are usually sold to authorized installers (?).

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,

Ryan

OhioWrangler

With a 2.5" lift I assume it's a short arm kit, this means you are using the stock control arms. The kit should have new coil springs and shocks and possibly some brackets. Basically you'll be replacing the springs and shocks. Jack up the vehicle, support the frame with stands. Support the axle with the jack, remove the shocks, and brake calipers and hose retaining brackets/clamps. Lower the axle and remove the springs. Install the new springs, shocks, lift the axle until the vehicle just starts to come off the stands, install the brake calipers and evaluate the hoses to see if they will need to be extended. the rear is about the same with the exception of the track bar may need to be removed. If you can provide part numbers and or pictures I can help with the brackets, ask any questions you may have, Ron

Bullseye240

Adventurer
remove the shocks, and brake calipers and hose retaining brackets/clamps. Lower the axle and remove the springs.

There is no need in removing the brake calipers and lines to R&R the springs. If you have the stock jack, once you remove the shocks on the rear axle you can place it between the axle and frame and slowly crank it up to push the axle down enough to remove the stock spring and install the new one. However, take advantage of the room provided when the springs are out to install the rear track bar relocation bracket. You only need to drill one hole to install it and the extra room without the spring makes it easier. Same basic procedure for the front. Once both springs on the axle are in you can install the new shocks. Don't forget to install the aluminum pucks between the transfer case/transmission skidplate/crossmember to lower the rear driveshaft angle unless you are running an LJ then it's optional. While not completely necessary, adjustable control arms for the rear can help if you run into driveshaft vibrations. On the front "bent" tubular lower control arms will help with tire clearance near full lock. Some mud terrains will still rub but the round tube keeps you from tearing a lug off the tread that the stock arms might do plus you get your turning radius back.

(edit) I did find the PDF I had for them but the forum will not let me upload it due to size limits. PM me an e-mail address if you want it.

Last edited:

ryanhewitt

Adventurer
Thanks for the information. I've installed lifts before, and understand the basic concept, it's the A B spring items I've never encountered before.

Bullseye - PM inbound.

Thanks again

Ryan

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
On a TJ the OME lift should take around 3 hours, make sure to soak all of your bolts down with penetrating oil the day before. The A and B coils are due to side to side weight compensation as the suspension cycles and how the track bar loads one side more than the other, some say driver weight affects it slightly as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles