OldSven's 4Runner

OldSven

Explorer
say it ain't so (weezerbot should appreciate that :D)! i... but... you.... what will become of your taco, sad and alone out there with no one to take it into the wilderness? all kidding aside, nice little runner man, everytime i see one with a charger i think, hmmmm, wouldn't that be nice. what are you going to do in terms of prepping your taco for sale, return to stock (figure that would be hard with the chevies in back), cheap lift up front?

You got it. I'm going to rob the stockers from the runner and maybe just grab some spacers. Already stole the dual battery, electric fan, short shift, and much more.

OldSven

Explorer
Long day. I got the electric fan almost done, dual batteries in, intake put together, head light bulbs swapped over, short shift done, and tomorrow I go pick up the new spark plugs and wires from Toyota. The guy told me that he had all the maintenance done by his mechanic but found out how wrong he was:mad: The plugs look original with very little to no electrode left I'm guessing that is why it was studdering when ever I got on it. Oh well, so goes the used vehicle story:cow:

Also looks like a friend of my wife's is going to buy the Tacoma so that takes the pressure off of getting things swaped over so fast.

Engine bay was horrible, got it all pressure washed out and started tearing into it.
DSC09685.jpg

DSC09734.jpg

Kind of sad, 4yrs of work being tourn out in a few days. Atleast this time it won't take 4yrs to put it back together:sombrero:
DSC09735.jpg

laxtoy

Adventurer
:( end of an era. you gonna put new tires on the stock sr5 wheels and keep the 15's on the truck? maybe something in the 255 85 16 range?

Applejack

Explorer
I always fancied your truck. It will be a shame to see it go. That being said I really miss my ol' '99 4runner, and it will be cool to see what you do with yours.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I didn't realize it was Supercharged...
...if it was hesitating whenever you stepped on it, that could be a number of problems. I would suggest putting on a URD 7th Injector kit ASAP.

OldSven

Explorer
Another long day in Toyota land. Sold the Tacoma to one of my wifes friends today, we came up with a price that worked for both of us so she could keep it pretty much as-is and I could afford to build up the 4runner. She is really excited about it, she is selling her tricked out VW Jetta and coming back over to the dark side with the rest of us:elkgrin: I have a few more things to steal from it before I hand over the keys. I got the truck running today with new plugs and wires and it runs awsome, but I can definetly feel the lack of fuel so I'm probably going to order up the 7th injector kit from URD. I ordered up the 1" BL from RogerBrown, ordered up my ICON's, and went down to Badlands and next week it goes in for a new front bumper. Took the roof rack off and painted it same with the spoiler on the lift gate, removed the running boards too. Now the fun part of ordering parts, the UPS guy will know my address real good:smiley_drive:

I would like to see the final product in person if possible as I am a huge YOTA fan and if you have any left over truck parts I might be intrested.

Braz475

Observer
Hunter,

Unless the chick knows much about front suspension, see if I can trade those tundras for the ICON's...unless of you course you will be using them? :smiley_drive:

Cackalak Han

Explorer
This makes me miss my old supercharged 98 4Runner. Just so you know, there is a write up of replacing the oil in the cone of the supercharger. Should be done about 100k or so. I think the write up is on Yotatech.

And was also curious to know why the change from Taco to 4Runner?

Bighead

Adventurer
Just so you know, there is a write up of replacing the oil in the cone of the supercharger. Should be done about 100k or so. I think the write up is on Yotatech.

That's what I remember also. I had the 2nd Gen S/C and it was pretty easy doing it on that model.

Check out Gadget's site for a bunch of info on the your model of supercharger.

OldSven

Explorer
No, she is all about the ICON's:) Love the Tacoma, it's been an awsome rig just looking down the road is all. We have a dog now and doing alot of camping and there is just not enough room in there for us. I have been eyeing 4runner's for awhile now, plus will be nice having extra seats for passengers. When I do the 7th injector I will probably do the cone oil at the same time. It goes in next week for the front BadlandBumper and Jeff and I are going to try and design a rear tube bumper with swingout that has plate welded on the back side so you don't see the runner panels. I will try and get some pics up tonight of what it will kind of look like.

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
I also can't wait to see the finished product (although I'm sure it will NEVER really be "finished"). This will be one for the record books! Best fastest build-up in history!

OldSven

Explorer
I also can't wait to see the finished product (although I'm sure it will NEVER really be "finished"). This will be one for the record books! Best fastest build-up in history!

Yeah buddy:victory: Getting all of the little things out of the way. The tires were out of balance so I also had them flip the black walls out since I will be on these for awhile while I get everything else done. Trying to find a thread on disconecting the DRL's before they kill the SilverStar's.

OldSven

Explorer
Damn, so apparently the dissconect for the DRL's is the little box by the battery, oh yeah the little box that I moved to a nitch under the battery so I could fit the duels in there:mixed-smiley-030:

So lets here some opinions, I'm either going with (285 BFG KM2's) (285 BFG AT's) or (255 BFG KM2's)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles