OldSven's 4Runner

nater

Adventurer
Sven, How much lift are you running in the front? Are you worried about your CV's at that height?

OldSven

Explorer
Sven, How much lift are you running in the front? Are you worried about your CV's at that height?

Same setup as the truck up front, about 3". The front end just needs an alignment which will bring it down a touch. On the tacoma I just cranked up the ICON's to the point right before the fins on the CV's touched and never had any issues nor ever broke one. It does look super tall with those 265's on there:Wow1:

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
Looks awesome, Sven!
(as always)

CV angle looks good-to-go to me. Looks just like my Tacoma, and I've never had problems. Can't wait to see it when you get the new meats on there. You gonna keep those wheels, or are you going to something different?

When's the URD kit going in?

CYi5

Explorer
I think it's the extra 1" of BL that makes it look a little crazy. Once the tires go on I think it'll look great! Upper ball joint doesn't look all that happy though..

Last edited:

OldSven

Explorer
It's all out of whack with out an alignment and tires, and some much needed weight:) I'd like to keep the stock rims but still deciding on tire size. The URD kit should ship out in a week or so, Gadget said they were updating the computers with some more goodies so once they get them I will get it.

OldSven

Explorer
Had to walk away from the runner last night, my fab skills just weren't working out, but today was a good day. I got the end caps built for the bumper to beef it up a bit, cranked the coiloves down for now until I get some weight up there and got the sliders welded on. I took the spare 33x10.5 off of the Tacoma and threw it on for kicks and let's just say I'm going back to some black steelies!!! Now the question is do I go with the 33x10.5's and match the new KM2's that are about to go on the trailer, or go with 255's?

DSC09834.jpg

DSC09835.jpg

DSC09837.jpg

DSC09836.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Sorry I have the 16" option already (take it for granted) with the larger calipers already. I have thought about the bigger brake kit and thought and though but it hasn't happened yet. They are wider than my rotors and the caliper is a hair larger.

Aaron

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
Your trucks looking good mate.....another build up Ill be following.....

Just a question, with the 3" suspension and 1" bodylift are you at all concerned that 255/85x16's might look too skinny on a vehicle siting at 4" lift?

Just wondering, because Im gonna bodylift my 07 hilux soon and Ill be using your vehicle as a reference to see what height I should bodylift it above the
3" suspension on it at the moment.

Me mate wants to go 2" above the 3" I already got but Im thinking more 1 - 1.5" tops...... will still be using my 285's for most of next year anyway even with the lift.

Or do you think the fact that you are spacing your wheel out further, giving it an increased track width will make it look more balanced with the 255's and that lift?

thanks mate.:coffeedrink:

OldSven

Explorer
Your trucks looking good mate.....another build up Ill be following.....

Just a question, with the 3" suspension and 1" bodylift are you at all concerned that 255/85x16's might look too skinny on a vehicle siting at 4" lift?

Just wondering, because Im gonna bodylift my 07 hilux soon and Ill be using your vehicle as a reference to see what height I should bodylift it above the
3" suspension on it at the moment.

Me mate wants to go 2" above the 3" I already got but Im thinking more 1 - 1.5" tops...... will still be using my 285's for most of next year anyway even with the lift.

Or do you think the fact that you are spacing your wheel out further, giving it an increased track width will make it look more balanced with the 255's and that lift?

thanks mate.:coffeedrink:

I only did the 1" BL on the Tacoma due to rubbing with my tires. That 1" makes all the difference in the world. The runner is sitting really high right now just because I don't have any weight on it. the front still needs a winch, and budbuilt skid plate. The rear needs a bumper with swingout, fridge and drawer system so all said and done it will be leveled out around 3". The 255's are pretty skinny, I had them before and then went to a 33x12.5 but that's just alot of rubber to move especially for expo style wheeling. The 33x10.5 is about 1/2-3/4" wider than the 255 once mounted up, plus the wheels are cheaper too:)

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I only did the 1" BL on the Tacoma due to rubbing with my tires. That 1" makes all the difference in the world. The runner is sitting really high right now just because I don't have any weight on it. the front still needs a winch, and budbuilt skid plate. The rear needs a bumper with swingout, fridge and drawer system so all said and done it will be leveled out around 3". The 255's are pretty skinny, I had them before and then went to a 33x12.5 but that's just alot of rubber to move especially for expo style wheeling. The 33x10.5 is about 1/2-3/4" wider than the 255 once mounted up, plus the wheels are cheaper too:)

X2 on the 1" BL, thats what I have and it has made a huge difference.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94