Old's Cool

Crenshaw

Adventurer
It just ticked over 368,000 miles.

Was out this past Monday scouting camping spots in the back country for a trip coming up

Just put a new steering rack in (well reman)....took it in to get aligned and there is play on the inner tierod...damn it! Ripping that back out next week and buying a brandy new one from Toyota. What is that saying about crying once and all??? :D

Are you saying you're going to get a new rack from Toyota? I would just replace that inner tie rod if I were you, inexpensive and pretty easy.

Where did you take those pictures? That looks great!

Clutch

<---Pass
Are you saying you're going to get a new rack from Toyota? I would just replace that inner tie rod if I were you, inexpensive and pretty easy.

Where did you take those pictures? That looks great!

That would be the easy cheap thing to do. That rack was literally put in last week. If it can't last more than a week...I don't trust it. Not band-aiding someone else's mistake. That and...that is the second rack, the first one they sent was bad too. So it is getting a brand new one. I'll get my money back from that rack and just pay the difference. Same thing happened with the CV axles a couple years ago, tried a couple remans from Toyota even, and 4 different seals...and still couldn't it to stop leaking. Finally had to buy a brand new one and it fixed it. Still not leaking and that was 90K miles ago.

Should of bit the bullet and just did a new rack from the get go, because I know better....that whole trying to save a few bucks always tends to bite me in the ass.

Those pictures? Yeah, that area is top secret! ;):D

Fricken love this sign. If you can't read it, it says at the bottom. "Keep going, you'll get there!" Saw it a couple years ago, now I use that phrase when I am up in the high country when a tourista asks me if there any good camp spots around here. “Nope, nothin round here...Keep going, you’ll get there!”

29595233_10156321746679630_7523256463954145327_n.jpg

Last edited:

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
I love this thread! I originally posted some of my rigs back on page 6. I stated then that the Wildernest was gone. Now the motorcycle is gone as well. But the good news is that I got back in my possession the Landcruiser I drove in high school and I still have my Toyota pickup. The truck has gone through several different transformations and looks a little different these days but she has been built with camping in mind; albeit, with the idea of adding some "goodies" to tackle tougher trails. Here's my two daily drivers. I love them both and it's hard to pick which one I want to drive every morning when I go out to the driveway! BTW: I DON'T love the roof top tent but I own it, sooo......

And the last picture is what it looked like before I built the flatbed. This was actually my favorite setup. It had a bed platform and I insulated the shell. Awesome camping setup. But I have a really small garage and it was too long and tall for me to work on it inside during the winter when I do my maintenance. It's now 1&1/2 foot shorter and much lower, and way less comfy for camping. Sacrifices....
IMG_0214.JPGIMG_1704.JPGIMG_0087.JPGIMG_0092.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Atipps

I love this thread! I originally posted some of my rigs back on page 6. I stated then that the Wildernest was gone. Now the motorcycle is gone as well. But the good news is that I got back in my possession the Landcruiser I drove in high school and I still have my Toyota pickup. The truck has gone through several different transformations and looks a little different these days but she has been built with camping in mind; albeit, with the idea of adding some "goodies" to tackle tougher trails. Here's my two daily drivers. I love them both and it's hard to pick which one I want to drive every morning when I go out to the driveway! BTW: I DON'T love the roof top tent but I own it, sooo......

And the last picture is what it looked like before I built the flatbed. This was actually my favorite setup. It had a bed platform and I insulated the shell. Awesome camping setup. But I have a really small garage and it was too long and tall for me to work on it inside during the winter when I do my maintenance. It's now 1&1/2 foot shorter and much lower, and way less comfy for camping. Sacrifices....
View attachment 444143View attachment 444145View attachment 444149View attachment 444155
dude I really dig the setup with the aluminum camper, so cool, so dirtbag!

Crenshaw

Adventurer
Currently dirtbagging our way south. This morning camped at an undisclosed location a few hours north of Todos Santos.
89ab6910584f5a27c1c226c4bb957e9d.jpg
45e79f814ac58314ad32520a51e7a798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borison

Adventurer
Love that ‘85, I have the exact same Campmate kitchen. It’s bulky, but efficient. It’s funny every time I see those old rigs, the sheet metal looks thin and delicate. That’s almost the best body style, I’m torn between that and the first gen Toyota 4x4s, it’s how I feel about the 67-72 GMs and the next gen Square bodies. Keep it forever!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles