Oldest Expo vehicle still in use...

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Just curious who has the oldest Expo Full sized rig still being used and what type of rig it is. I love the oldies! Anyone?:coffeedrink:

alexfm

Explorer
I doubt mine would qualify, but I use a 1995 XJ. But I also plan on eventually fixing my dad's 1979 Scout 2 and using that as an ExPo vehicle too. (If he lets me that is :snorkel: )

lowenbrau

Explorer
I doubt mine would qualify, but I use a 1995 XJ. But I also plan on eventually fixing my dad's 1979 Scout 2 and using that as an ExPo vehicle too. (If he lets me that is :snorkel: )

I got a chuckle out of this. The *newest* rig I have ever owned is my 1992 Dodge.

Hey Alex,

I'm in Houston. Where are you in west Texas? My '77 Scout II is about to be done, but in a few years, depending on market conditions, I want to upgrade the truck to 4WD and eventually manual, maybe.

Please tell me that the Scout II's been in the family all these years and you decided to fix it... I wish I had thought of that when Dad's Scout 80 broke down.

Desert Dan

Explorer
It is no longer in my garage but my 1962 Willys Wagon was old when I got it and even older when I sold it in 1980 with 260K on the clock.

The design and engineering was basicaly 1949-1950 vintage. Kind of scary driving it with old school brakes and steering on today's freeways.

I'll post up some pictures when they are scanned.

BEVAN

Adventurer
I bet it will be one of the K5 or Suburban guys...I think there is someone on here with a nice powerwagon.

lowenbrau

Explorer
I bet it will be one of the K5 or Suburban guys...I think there is someone on here with a nice powerwagon.

CharlieArons on this site has a selection of pre WWII powerwagons and a really impressive Perkins powered M37.
07110002_G.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I have a '53 Dodge PW, civilian model.

But it's a ways from restoration and any type of back country/overland/camping type trip.

Around 60K original miles, and still runs like a top!:smiley_drive:

Hawkz

Adventurer
I have a 1961 GMC Suburban I've been using on some local trips. It still has a few bugs that need worked out before I take it on any longer drives.

I love the size and look of the sub, but the 305V6 gets horrible MPG. Plenty of power/torq, but right around 10-12MPG most of the time. Not the best setup for long trips on a <20 gallon tank. =\

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Oh you guys.... Wheres the pics?
Word pictures are great but nothing like the visual pleasures. :Wow1:

Matt that is one fine looking blazer! is the body hanging in there?

refried

Adventurer
Not expo rigs, but we do use them. The mid teens Ford is a daily driver, and the Steam tractor is from 1899. Here's from pictures from a couple weeks ago.

Threshing wheat and barley
Threshingwheat006.jpg

Threshingwheat019.jpg

Threshingwheat023.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94