Old Man Emu Suspension now Available for the G-Wagon

ARB_USA

Supporting Sponsor
GWagon_OME-1.jpg
ARB 4x4 Accessories is happy to announce the development and release of Old Man Emu coil springs and Nitrocharger Sports shocks for the Mercedes G-Wagon.

OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION SYSTEMS:

Engineering aftermarket 4WD suspension is extremely complex. Determining the right solution for your vehicle andyour requirements demands special attention to many factors. Unlike numerous aftermarket suspension systems,which are only available in a single configuration targeting lift height, Old Man Emu offers a range of tuned andmatched integrated suspension systems to ensure the right suspension is available to suit how the vehicle is outfittedand the conditions it will encounter.

DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT

The Old Man Emu suspension engineers’ objective was to develop an integrated suspension system for the MercedesG Wagon. The key areas that were considered were lift, load carrying and comfort. After test driving the originalsuspension set up it was noted the ride characteristics were very controlled giving a sporty feel, however when largerbumps were encountered bump stop engagement was frequent. In general, the ride was considered quite firm. A50mm lift was targeted as this improves not only ground clearance but increased suspension travel. This allows morescope for shock tuning and resulted in a more compliant comfortable ride while maintaining excellent control.

Read More -->> http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/newProductAdvice/2014/GWagon_OME.pdf

gomezoscar

Thanks for the new products! By the way, what model roof rack is on the black G in the picture, and where can I buy it?

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Very cool, I've never had reason to look so I guess I just assumed they already did G-Wagen suspensions... OME/ARB have proven themselves to me in some of the harshest environments on the planet. This is great new for G-Wagen folks.

swb

Observer
Are those ARB snorkels?

No, they are Schmude from Germany. ARB typically suppliy Safari snorkels, not available for G's.

Funnily, ARB have no mention of these products in Australia. Even though they are an Australian company featuring a picture of an Australian G.
I expect they will get around to it eventually.

Juppies

I've always loved these since I ran them on my LR Disco several years back. Nice to know it's a G option now.

Capo

Happy Camper
I'm also very impressed after riding parts of three seasons in my friend's Cruiser in Zim with OME. My reference includes knowing very well the performance of stock setup on that Cruiser when new, which was far from bad. My friend claims the suspension has lost a wee bit during these three seasons. I wouldn't be able to put my finger on it, but he who drives the rig daily, knows better. Yet my mechanic here in Lugano insists on mounting MB/Puch military spec suspension. He claims he can match any requirement better with the variety MB/Puch Military provides. I don't know. I've seen the progressive military springs, which are not progressive in the winding, but in the diameter of the actual material. It makes sense since I suppose it would provide for optimised stroke and weight. Then again, I don't know. Upon mentioning the new OME for G, my mechanic still persisted.

I would be glad for your highly valued experiences on this matter.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm also very impressed after riding parts of three seasons in my friend's Cruiser in Zim with OME. My reference includes knowing very well the performance of stock setup on that Cruiser when new, which was far from bad. My friend claims the suspension has lost a wee bit during these three seasons. I wouldn't be able to put my finger on it, but he who drives the rig daily, knows better. Yet my mechanic here in Lugano insists on mounting MB/Puch military spec suspension. He claims he can match any requirement better with the variety MB/Puch Military provides. I don't know. I've seen the progressive military springs, which are not progressive in the winding, but in the diameter of the actual material. It makes sense since I suppose it would provide for optimised stroke and weight. Then again, I don't know. Upon mentioning the new OME for G, my mechanic still persisted.

I would be glad for your highly valued experiences on this matter.

Personally I went with factory Mercedes(wound by Eibach?) heavy duty red-3stripe and brown-2stripe springs due to the data provided about load/height. I paired them with the Koni HT Raid's from Holland. I haven't regretted them yet. Truck currently is sitting at 6900lbs with a passenger and dog. Loaded for a big trip, ~7200-7300lbs...so it's quite a bit more weight than OEM, everyday.

Capo

Happy Camper
Personally I went with factory Mercedes(wound by Eibach?) heavy duty red-3stripe and brown-2stripe springs due to the data provided about load/height. I paired them with the Koni HT Raid's from Holland. I haven't regretted them yet. Truck currently is sitting at 6900lbs with a passenger and dog. Loaded for a big trip, ~7200-7300lbs...so it's quite a bit more weight than OEM, everyday.

Thanks!

The MB/Puch selection seems like my best option since they are homologated by the Swiss authorities, thus mustn't come off when it's time for the compulsory vehicle inspection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles