Oklahoma Adventure Trail

zelseman

Observer
Fellow okie here... where the bridge was out, although you got a good detour and saw a better road, the new bridge was just a little farther down the road from the old one. Maybe a mile. Loved the report, used to live in Tahlequah.

dirtpro06

Fellow okie here... where the bridge was out, although you got a good detour and saw a better road, the new bridge was just a little farther down the road from the old one. Maybe a mile. Loved the report, used to live in Tahlequah.

Interesting, I scanned my maps for a nearby bridge but must have missed it. Good to know! Glad you enjoyed it

zelseman

Observer
Interesting, I scanned my maps for a nearby bridge but must have missed it. Good to know! Glad you enjoyed it
It would have been built within a couple of years of when you were there. Old bridge was Combs Bridge. Spent many an evening watching sunset over the river from that old bridge.

ITTOG

I am hoping to go to the Wichita Mountains in a couple weeks. Anything I need to make sure I don't miss? Main plan is hiking and mountain biking. Of course I will hit Mount Scott. Nothing else definitive at this point.

Or I will hit something in the Ouachita Mountains in SE OK.

dirtpro06

I am hoping to go to the Wichita Mountains in a couple weeks. Anything I need to make sure I don't miss? Main plan is hiking and mountain biking. Of course I will hit Mount Scott. Nothing else definitive at this point.

Or I will hit something in the Ouachita Mountains in SE OK.

I haven't been back to the Wichita area but have friends that have camped/backpacked and they seemed to really enjoy it. The Meers store has an excellent reputation for food but I haven't been through there while they were open. I have spent time in the Ouachita area hiking out of Talihena Winding Stair campgrounds along the Ouachita trail. Both areas were very beautiful but I don't know the rules about bikes in either area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier