Okay let's see everyones camp/ 4wd kitchens!!

Amphibeast

Adventurer
Ok…. What would you add to your camp kitchen after all the mods & many uses?…. there is always that one thing! Name it…….

If ya say microwave you get booted off the forum! lol

cruisertoy

Explorer
I was worried when I first recieved it as it was super heavy, after opening it up I found the shelves inside would come out with the removal of about 30 screws.
Empty it weighs about 15 Lbs with dry goods, stove, plates, cups etc.... for a 3 day boondock it only weighs 35 Lbs plus it is the same size as my Norcold 65.
Very easy to set up and very rugged.

I have a couple of these. They weigh 60lbs with the shelves in. I have not taken out the shelves as they were one of the benefits of the kit. It looks like there is a thick piece of aluminum between the outside shell and the shelves? How did you get the wieght down to 15 lbs?

bearman512

Adventurer
I have a couple of these. They weigh 60lbs with the shelves in. I have not taken out the shelves as they were one of the benefits of the kit. It looks like there is a thick piece of aluminum between the outside shell and the shelves? How did you get the wieght down to 15 lbs?
Sorry about that I never weighed it but the shelves where about 15 lbs so 50lb loaded with my goodies.

cruisertoy

Explorer
XL storage.jpg
Sorry about that I never weighed it but the shelves where about 15 lbs so 50lb loaded with my goodies.

I just took my shelves out but I'm sure the wife will want them put back in. The shelves were heavy. I did just pick up a dozen of these at Hill Airforce Base. Sold 6-7 to friends already. They are big and have the divider in them so you can load both sides. In the end they are 1/2" too tall to fit in my m416 with the 3" tall lid.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...-xl-medical-storage-chest-olive-drab?a=529484

DustyTrail

Last weekend, I picked up my step-dad's Chuck box that he put together in the 90s. His days of doing the legwork for camping are behind him because of his Parkinson's. There is nothing too customized about the box itself but it has just about everything you need inside. I spent a few hours going through it, cleaning, and replacing some of his old equipment with my existing newer equipment. It's made from a Rubbermaid footlocker that is thick plastic. It's going to be a welcome addition to my family's trips out of my UZJ100.
e9ad329f205e210d0cf5ba81d291cd81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregSplett

Adventurer
Last weekend, I picked up my step-dad's Chuck box that he put together in the 90s. His days of doing the legwork for camping are behind him because of his Parkinson's. There is nothing too customized about the box itself but it has just about everything you need inside. I spent a few hours going through it, cleaning, and replacing some of his old equipment with my existing newer equipment. It's made from a Rubbermaid footlocker that is thick plastic. It's going to be a welcome addition to my family's trips out of my UZJ100.
e9ad329f205e210d0cf5ba81d291cd81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my fathers old chuck box in the garage.I use it to store my fishing gear in.brings back memories of my first fishing trips as a kid.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I think that I have the only one of these in the states. It is an Australian Chuckwagon. My buddy Geoff imported in back in the '90's and carried it between the wheelwells of his 60 series LC. I bought it from him and had to remove 4" from its center in order to fit it into my '97 4Runner. It is now in it's third vehicle, my new (to me) 2011 4Runner. I am amazed that some company here in the states doesn't build something like this. It is a heavy old tank but works like magic.

120826_DaleAvery_rig_1.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

I put this thing together last weekend. We needed something that would slide under the platform in the back of my truck and provide better organization and access than the plastic bins we've been using. At 8 3/4" tall this just fits. We'll see how it holds up.
IMG_0487.jpg

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Here's my latest revision of the overlanding kitchen-- the combo slide from AT. Simply awesome and another piece of kit and I can't believe I lived without!

2ada9c3e975bbd5355a5972e424bb762.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Here's my latest revision of the overlanding kitchen-- the combo slide from AT. Simply awesome and another piece of kit and I can't believe I lived without!

2ada9c3e975bbd5355a5972e424bb762.jpg

looks even AWESOMER in person! Now your rig-kitchen is complete! I like those collapsible washtubs you have, too. What are they?

alsmith

Observer
Group order if you are interested!

Hello!

Pricing is here for the Jeep Kitchen I designed!

The minimum order sweet spot is 10 units so as soon as I have 10 other people that confirm and send money I’ll do the first run.

I have priced it for Stainless Steal and Coated Steal so you can see the difference. I would recommend we all do them out of Stainless as it will last almost forever. I will be doing a stainless one for myself as it’s only another $300 which was less than powder coating the steals ones. Given I have had interest from both the US and Canada I have provided both prices.

Price per unit:

- Coated Steal: $1,425.00 (US) / $1,909 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]
- Stainless: $1,695.00 (US) / $2,272 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]

Here is a video I shot today of the newest one so you can see the changes. CLICK HERE

The interest in this Kitchen has been amazing so I’m going to be setting this up as a company and selling them online. The prices will be much higher than what is stated here when that happens as I will be doing all the labour myself for this first run.

If you order as part of this first 10 you will be saving well over $1,000 on the cost of them once they go live online.

I'm also planning a Whip Saw Trail Trip for this group once we all have them installed for early next summer :)

Email me at al@alsmith.com if you want to reserve one of the first 10 units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94