Ok so who's fishing?

infra

n00b
Recently returned from a 4 week trip fishing up in Montana and Wyoming, the Madison was on FIRE! Departing on Friday the 8th for Colorado for 2 weeks to do some wheeling and fishing on the Arkansas. Pictured is one of many that wound up in the net and then later released

attachment.php

LukesPa

Observer
Looking forward to Colorado

Water is pretty low so I'm mostly leaving the trout alone to hopefully survive this summer here in SoCal. I did get a quick trip in to the Kern River in the Southern Sierras in early July. I'm really looking forward to a guys trip with three buddies in late Sept & early Oct. we will base out of my in-laws cabin in Fairplay CO. I have high hopes for that trip the area has a lot of great water and fishing this late in the season will be a first for me.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My new personal best for a Cutthroat on a stream/river from a few weeks ago, measured just over 21 inches.

Attachments

• WP_001651.jpg
    WP_001651.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 9

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
A few smaller cuts, bows, and tigers I caught the next day on another stream, but they were oh so pretty and fought hard!

Attachments

• WP_001654.jpg
    WP_001654.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_001657.jpg
    WP_001657.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_001660.jpg
    WP_001660.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_000698.jpg
    WP_000698.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 10

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Just got back from 3 weeks in Juneau and Sitka, AK...

Pinks were thick in Sitka...sockeyes were just coming in...unfortunately not many kings were left but I still was able to bring 50lbs home

P1030685.jpg

Looking forward to Sept/Oct in S. UT

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Hi All.... this is the year I get into fly fishing. Based on what I've read I think getting a 9", 5or 6 wt combo kit w/ a reel w/a large spool is the simplest way to start. So that leads me to what brands should I be looking at, Reddington, Wild Water, Orvis, Adamsbuilt, something else? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Don't mean to hi-jack. PM are okay. Thanks, John

TheThom

Adventurer
LL Bean has good starter outfits. Just as good as the expnsive stuff (Orvis, etc) and much cheaper.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Im kinda of a die hard cabela brand (I cant afford the rest :D). Im cheap and they seem to always have good deals on cabela rod and reels. They always seem to suit my needs well.

Kind of depends what you plan to fish. My first was a 6 piece 4wt combo kit from cabela since i was going to be fishing rivers. Later I got a 6wt for the lakes. 6wt will be way to big for smaller streams and rivers.

Best advice is watch you tube and practice, practice, practice in your back yard with yarn instead of a hook. practice a ton before you go to a fish or you will get frustrated from all the expensive flys you lose in the tree's :violent-smiley-031:

buy all your flys online, you can easily find them for 50c vs $3 at cabela. I just looked up top 10 best fly or nythms and bought those since starting it to hard to be matching the hatch and what not.

Cheers :coffeedrink:

Sorry i fail and havent been fly much all summer. though I did catch a 5" coaster brook trout on a streamer at isle royale np :xxrotflma

FlyFishermen

Observer
I've started fishing for Steelhead and Salmon around the Great Lakes this season. I was in Indiana last weekend fishing some tributaries to Lake Michigan and hit the Root River in WI this morning. No luck, but from what I have heard the fishing hasn't been spectacular this season as a whole for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles