Ok, Seriously

Maddmatt

Explorer
Ok, Seriously - there are some 4X4 vehicles that just about everybody would consider a classic - vehicles with style that transcends time - I'm talking about Series Rovers, FJ40's, Patrols, and of course the early Broncos among others.

So if you had a '72 Bronco with a 302, most of us would agree that it would be a pretty good starting point. Maybe put in some disc brakes. Power steering was probably an option if available at all in '72, so maybe add that in.

But as for body style, the early Bronco was pretty hard to beat. Most will cut the rear fenders, but do it carefully, to fit today's larger tires.

And then there's this guy :smilies27 :
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/848529888.html

It takes all kinds I guess.
-Matt

frans

Adventurer
Goes far, Has Lots

I bet he is being honest. I see the most funky rigs in some of the most out of the way places that alot of these 'poser' rigs would never dare to go for fear of smudging their beautiful paint jobs.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
while I think that thing is ugly as sin, I would prefer it over a Bronc that was trailered to and from shows...

some people think my Heep is an abomination because it has big tires and a modern radio. Other people think it is in fact a very mild build... And J-Trucks are waaay less common than Broncos.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
There probably wasn't much left of the original body as they do tend to rust. Can't blame a guy for trying!
Jason T.

HanzoSteel

Explorer
I'm sure he spent many hours on that thing, it coulda been worse and actually didn't come out that bad except for the head light placement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior