Oil cooler banjo bolt?

kdj

Observer
Do any of you guys know the thread size and pitch of the oil line banjo bolts on a 2002 montero. My hoses are leaking and I would like to replace them with AN hose and fittings. Also if anyone know's the cooler thread size. I think going with AN hoses will be cheaper then the stock dealer parts.

my experience on a 91. & 94 sr

16mm thread pitch. fine thread.
ive not found an AN or JIC that will thread.

i bought banjos with new bolts .the banjo had -6 AN fittings. this is the only way i got my mitsu cooler to work. i then used the replaceable field fittings and hose.
a note on that hose. if u buy from napa, be sure they dont sell u push-lok hose for a reusable end. ahem, i did not catch this slip, though i remembered thinking the hose was a bit mushy for hydraulic hose. and of course -it leaked but not until i was several hundred miles from home
or go push lok if they have the vice to install hose. do not use hose clamps on pushlok.

u might know all of this already but i share anyway

kdj

Observer
Thanks, hadn't thought about a AN banjo fitting using the factory bolt. That would allow me to just replace the hose sections. I have access to aeroquip hose and fittings. Replacing with factory stuff seems expensive just checking online. But I will swing by my dealer and check last time I had to special order something I was pleasantly surprised.

mine were special order eaton's i believe thru napa. they have their own special bolt. mitsu's bolt is too long.

when you do your hoses at the engine, be sure to allow for filter removal. i didnt and have to remove one hose. to get filter off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94