Oh the irony

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
No. It's apples and oranges.

The US buys tanks and armored cars for other countries that US Citizens can't get either. ;)

gfiero

Adventurer
The gov't bought Toyota PU's for the SF to use chasing the Taliban, Later they bought G-Wagens and LR Defenders for our troops to use over their. One of my buddies son came back form afganistan and went looking at G's, he called me from the dealership, he could not believe that the only G on the lat was over $72,000. he has since bought a nice 4runner.

He loves to talk about his C.O. using a LR and having a Brit show up in a LC and the discussion that followed.

It does seem odd......:confused:

fowldarr

Explorer
Really, since the government basically owns GM now, shouldn't we be buying them some nice fully optioned silverado's?

lowenbrau

Explorer
When I was in Mali the Peugeot 404 was the truck of choice. I don't know if a Silverado would be up to the task.

taxi_in_mali.jpg

RHINO

Expedition Leader
its nothing new for the USA to bail out pretty much every country on the planet at some point, so it seems fitting mali should jump aboard also. i just wonder if they will bad talk us like so many other countries do after we help.

expo80

Adventurer
figures, you want to blend in with your environment there are a tone of Toyotas over there if you brought over some American market vehicle you would most likely be shot at might as well paint it pink

gfiero

Adventurer
I have seen a couple of pink land rovers, of course if you shot at them the SAS guys usally shot back or called an airstirke down on you......

jdayment

Observer
Mali is one of the few models of democracy in Africa that is attempting to take the fight to terrorism might as well support them in any way that we can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles