Oh boy. -NOW a build thread

deminimis

Explorer
Redid the new batt box and I'm quite happy with it.

upload_-1.jpg

Finally got my batts and gave them a top off (Yup, I'm using 4/0 cable). Some day soon I'll actually manage to install them:

upload_-1.jpg

Did some simple woodworking (if you can even call it that. A bit crude, I know) so I could mount my inverter remote and remount my solar controller. Now I can see the working part of the controller (voltage readout) when the slide is closed.

upload_-1.jpg

Pulled 10/2 Romex from the street side slide, through the basement, up and into the curbside (dinette) slide. Not happy with the Romex's behavior in the dinette slide. So, I've decided I will need to terminate the Romex in a junction box and make the final couple of feet of run into the slide with 10/1 THHN (stranded wire). The Romex just doesn't flex enough in this slide to not create problems further down the road. Works fine in the other slide due to a vastly different configuration. The unused sewer hose compartment just right of the slide allows me enough access to mount the j box and pull the THHN. Slides are a pain when they house all the electronics, but that's the hand I've been dealt.

Last edited:

deminimis

Explorer
Batts wired up and inverter installed (and it works, which is a bonus). Just need to clean up wiring, add a section of 6 awg (+) over to the new batt bank (to better tie into the 12v system), and call it good. New box/bank on the right.

upload_-1.jpg

Another 320 watts of solar going on the roof (if it ever arrives) and the electrical upgrades will be done (for now). Yup, I found a little time to squirt some foam in the gaps around the boxes too.

deminimis

Explorer
The factory Contis are already showing wear (fronts) and they suck in the deep snow. Got to winch myself out of my camping spot at the Mountain this week (not that I'm complaining about the snow). I think I'll invest in a pair of Michelin XDS-2 for the fronts and wait on the rears until those wear out. Great week up at the mountain. Made the Portland news and Fox News on X-Mas day.

upload_-1.jpg

deminimis

Explorer
At the mountain we camp at, they've cut the snow bank at RV row quite a ways back. That's a good thing as for room in the parking lot. However, we're now in the shade all day now. Decided to supplement our systems w/ a Honda eu2000i yesterday. I really wanted to avoid a gas generator, but this little bugger works great. Even in single digits it just takes one pull and it's off and running. Good little investment.

deminimis

Explorer
Ha! No way. Only a hop, skip and a jump from the camper to the closest chair lift, not that I regularly skip.

boxcar1

boxcar1
Meadows or Timberline ? I was ski patrol at Meadows in the 70's.
My lodge back then was a Toyota powered Dolphin.

deminimis

Explorer
Meadows. Used to bartend, instruct (snowboard) and work trail crew (Summer) up there (90s). Met the wife up there. Guess you know my F-N-L Clay.

bilco

Hi read your thread end to end very nice .I wonder if you could tell me what you did to your GMC to get the milage increase you mentioned
thank you Bill

deminimis

Explorer
Thanks. I'm not admittin' to nothin'. However, if I was to do it, I'd contact Idaho Rob at Adrenaline Truck for EFI Live tunes (5 switch). Perhaps I'd install all new exhaust (4" with muffler ) from Diamond Eye (downpipe back). And if I went that far, well an EGR delete seems in order so the pickup isn't breathing it's own farts. Cooler bypass too. That is, of course, if I was to do one. I think that's all. It's been a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles