Ogre or Disc Trucker? Head about to explode - help!

Andy G

Adventurer
Hey everyone!

Here's my "dilemma".

I currently have a 2011 "KramPugs" Pugsley that I can ride fat (w/Marge Lites and 4" Knards) or skinny (w/Rabbit Hole 29+ and 3" Knards). It's fully outfitted with a compliment of Revelate Designs bags. It's the bike I ride most of the time, and is obviously set up for off-road bikepacking adventures.

I also have a Disc Trucker that I built up with Soma Junebug handlebars, SRAM groupset, and Velocity Blunt 35's rolling on 700x40 Clemente MSO x'Plor tires. A Revelate Designs Tangle bag stays on this one, and I can swap over the other bags from the KramPugs as needed.

Here's my question...the majority of my riding is done off-road. Everything from simple gravel/dirt roads to twisty technical singletrack is what I love. Would I be better off replacing my Trucker frameset with an Ogre frameset? I know the majority of components will swap over, so not worried about that.

I like the more upright riding position that the Ogre would provide...as well as the additional fork brazeons for mounting Anything cages. But...if I go with the Ogre, how badly am I compromising any road touring that I might end up doing in the future?

Looking forward to your opinions and thoughts on this first world problem!

Andy

p nut

butter
In my opinion, if you like ripping singletracks, I don't think the ogre is the answer. Personally, I'd go for either a Krampus which you *can run with 2.4" tires, or get a Jones. I don't have much experience with the Krampus, but Jones is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior