Offroad in a New 2016 Taco

deuxdiesel

Observer
So when does the off-roading start in that video? :) Nice Taco, though. I am just disappointed in the lack of combinations available with the manual transmission.

Clutch

<---Pass
I am just disappointed in the lack of combinations available with the manual transmission.

Me too....believe there are only three packages you can get a ACLB with the manny. No ACLB OR manual.

The ACLB OR MT is like the perfect little exploring rig for single dudes or w/partner & no spawn.

But is it is available in Canada and not in the US, the Canucks must have more single dudes that offroad there.

forty2

Adventurer
Me too....believe there are only three packages you can get a ACLB with the manny. No ACLB OR manual.

The ACLB OR MT is like the perfect little exploring rig for single dudes or w/partner & no spawn.

But is it is available in Canada and not in the US, the Canucks must have more single dudes that offroad there.

This is disappointing and I feel like they are trying to phase manuals out completely. Fortunately they still offer the combo I want (partner AND spawn in tow) so I'm jumping on it now rather than continue to wait for complete obsolescence.

Clutch

<---Pass
This is disappointing and I feel like they are trying to phase manuals out completely. Fortunately they still offer the combo I want (partner AND spawn in tow) so I'm jumping on it now rather than continue to wait for complete obsolescence.

It is too bad you can't build a Tacoma a la carte, the only thing that interests me in the OR, is the locker. While I don't wheel my trucks too hard any more...the mud here in the mountains South of me [Owyhees] is crazy slick even on the graded forest roads. Would be nice if I could get an ACLB MT SR with a V6 4WD, rear seat delete and the locker.

I could get by with the 4 banger, do my own locker.. for a grand more I can get the V6 in the SR...but then you loose the MT...damn you Toyota!

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Mud hole off-roading? Okay... I'd never do that with my tacoma, but with dealer stock I'd do it all day!

Thanks for the video, nice to see what Kentucky trail looks like.

All you guys whining about MT are funny. Toyota is phasing out the MT, they have said so in a press release. But so are all other auto manufacturers. In 20 years they'll all be gone, probably a lot sooner too.

Clutch

<---Pass
All you guys whining about MT are funny. Toyota is phasing out the MT, they have said so in a press release. But so are all other auto manufacturers. In 20 years they'll all be gone, probably a lot sooner too.

Just because they are being phased out doesn't mean you have to stop liking them.

It is like not listening to Led Zeppelin anymore because Justin Bieber is popular now... :D

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Just because they are being phased out doesn't mean you have to stop liking them.

It is like not listening to Led Zeppelin anymore because Justin Bieber is popular now... :D

lol about the music reference. You're right! It's good to like what you like, and change can be hard. I know it is for me sometimes. :D

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Recent reliability reports lists Auto transmissions being the largest issue in todays vehicles. One can only hope that Manuals will draw enough sales to keep them relevant. Though emissions and mileage ratings could be the biggest reason they are going away.

Taco04

Toyota Junkie!
Recent reliability reports lists Auto transmissions being the largest issue in todays vehicles. One can only hope that Manuals will draw enough sales to keep them relevant. Though emissions and mileage ratings could be the biggest reason they are going away.

Gotta wonder how much of that has to do with CVT transmissions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles