Official MDC USA Introduction

MDC USA

We started this journey in early 2018 with goal of making sure if we were coming to the US that we were going to do it right. After a year and half of hard work and dedication we have our US spec trailers certified and ready for the US!

A little about us:
We have manufacturing campers and caravans in Australia for over 13 years now. Through the years we have learned a lot about the durability of off-road trailers and how to make them. Admittedly we have also learned quite a bit about customer service and what it takes to keep our customers happy and their trailers on the road. We are currently one of the top 3 off-road trailer manufacturers and retailers in Australia and growing.

About our trailers:
We have a very comprehensive line up ranging from our Mod Box trailer with an awning and RTT all the way to our XT22 luxury unit with a washer/dryer. We currently offer 9 different models of camper (tent based) trailers and 16 different models of caravans. Every model is built on our custom steel frame equipped with our independent trailing arm suspension. All of our US units are fully certified for US safety standards and also meet all NHTSA/ DOT standards.

Our plan for 2020:
We are bringing in our first retail units this month and will be working with select dealers (We don't sell direct) to have them available immediately. We are starting with our most popular units in AU and will bring the remaining models in as we start to see demand.

We will be at all of the Overland Expo shows so keep an eye out for us! We will also be at a bunch of other events throughout the year and will post up as they get closer on both our Instagram and Facebook.

Our new website will be up shortly as will our social media, I'll post up as soon as it ready.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

We look forward to serving the US Overland community!

KellyM

Adventurer
We started this journey in early 2018 with goal of making sure if we were coming to the US that we were going to do it right. After a year and half of hard work and dedication we have our US spec trailers certified and ready for the US!

A little about us:
We have manufacturing campers and caravans in Australia for over 13 years now. Through the years we have learned a lot about the durability of off-road trailers and how to make them. Admittedly we have also learned quite a bit about customer service and what it takes to keep our customers happy and their trailers on the road. We are currently one of the top 3 off-road trailer manufacturers and retailers in Australia and growing.

About our trailers:
We have a very comprehensive line up ranging from our Mod Box trailer with an awning and RTT all the way to our XT22 luxury unit with a washer/dryer. We currently offer 9 different models of camper (tent based) trailers and 16 different models of caravans. Every model is built on our custom steel frame equipped with our independent trailing arm suspension. All of our US units are fully certified for US safety standards and also meet all NHTSA/ DOT standards.

Our plan for 2020:
We are bringing in our first retail units this month and will be working with select dealers (We don't sell direct) to have them available immediately. We are starting with our most popular units in AU and will bring the remaining models in as we start to see demand.

We will be at all of the Overland Expo shows so keep an eye out for us! We will also be at a bunch of other events throughout the year and will post up as they get closer on both our Instagram and Facebook.

Our new website will be up shortly as will our social media, I'll post up as soon as it ready.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

We look forward to serving the US Overland community!

Any updates?

MDC USA

@KellyM
Thanks for checking in. We're spooling up for our first show at the Four Wheeler Adventure Expo in Costa Mesa, CA currently.
We've launched out Instagram and we'd lover for you to take a look @mdc_usa
Our US website will be up shortly at mdcusa.com

Is there a particular model you're interested in or question I can answer for you?

KellyM

Adventurer
@KellyM
Thanks for checking in. We're spooling up for our first show at the Four Wheeler Adventure Expo in Costa Mesa, CA currently.
We've launched out Instagram and we'd lover for you to take a look @mdc_usa
Our US website will be up shortly at mdcusa.com

Is there a particular model you're interested in or question I can answer for you?
XT12 Hybrid. Will you have one at Costa Mesa?

MDC USA

Unfortunately I will only have the 2 Explorer (Forward Fold / Rear Fold) models at the Costa Mesa show. I should have a XT12 Hybrid at the Easter Jeep Safari / Cruise Moab and Overland West events.

MDC USA

Well due to the issues in the world the Moab events were cancelled but we'll still be at all the Overland Expo shows.
We will have multiple Caravan and Camper Models on display. If you would like to look at them from home while we all stay safe check out www.mdcusa.com.

rehammer81

I like these trailers. One thing, in looking at the USA models and OZ models, I really prefer the floor plan of the XT15HR Hybrid and XT16HR Island. In particular the North/South bed so you don't have to climb over your partner. The only model on the US site is the XT15PT Pop Top. If I'm stepping up to a trailer like this from my RTT, I want full hard walls and no fabric personally. Is it possible to get the 15HR Hybrid or 16HR Island in the US?

Also, what does the "Hybrid" refer to?

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dmaxzr2

Well due to the issues in the world the Moab events were cancelled but we'll still be at all the Overland Expo shows.
We will have multiple Caravan and Camper Models on display. If you would like to look at them from home while we all stay safe check out www.mdcusa.com.

Any pricing available? And updates on socal dealers?

rehammer81

Any dealers on the east coast? The XT16HR-East West looks interesting.
I know the dealer up in Phoenix has an XT16 East West he's been pushing. Bet you could get a nice deal on it if you were willing to take a road trip.

rehammer81

I think MDC really needs to get on the ball and deliver the XT16 Island to the U.S. That is definitely one of the best layouts they have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles