Offgrid 4x4 Expedition Vehicle F450 Ambulance Conversion - SOLD !

dcrzach

Are you sure your rear axle is a Dana 130? Should be a 110.
I am sure it is a limited Slip 4:88 Geared Dana 130 !
Axle Housing is stamped 302240

Very Heavy duty Axles installed with the original Ford Ambulance Prep Package for the F450 6.0's

danneskjold

I am sure it is a limited Slip 4:88 Geared Dana 130 !
Axle Housing is stamped 302240

Very Heavy duty Axles installed with the original Ford Ambulance Prep Package for the F450 6.0's

You should double check that - S130s weren’t out until after your truck was made, and were never used in F450s to the best of my knowledge.

Your axle in the video is identical to my S110 on my 2004 F450.

Best way to find out is have someone who has access run your VIN and pull the build sheet.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
You should double check that - S130s weren’t out until after your truck was made, and were never used in F450s to the best of my knowledge.

Your axle in the video is identical to my S110 on my 2004 F450.

Best way to find out is have someone who has access run your VIN and pull the build sheet.

Factory Ford data card will give axle part #s (ie S413J for a '19 F350 4x4), but those #s would need to be decoded somewhere--the data card won't specifically say D80, D110 or D130.

Take this with a grain of salt, as the info contradicts itself; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_S_110
"Ford started using this axle in 2005 model F-450 and F-550 trucks.
  • 2004-2016 Ford F-450 (2004s mixed with Dana 80s)
  • 1999-2004 Ford F-550 (Mostly Dana 135, Dana 110s get mixed in later)"

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
My fave rig for sale. If it was financeable. Id live in it...just a great build and layout.

If its registered as an RV, it is financeable...

I had no clue about this until i posted my last rig for sale and 4-5 people asked me if it was registered as an RV for that reason.

I went to AAA, took me 30 mins, re-registered it as an RV, dramatically dropped reg and ins costs, and the buyer financed it and away he went.

I just learned about this last year and was baffled at how easy it was to do in the commmunist state of California.

dcrzach

No kidding, this thing is brilliant but at 5'11-1/2 I'm just tall enough to constantly bounce my dome off the ceiling. :cautious:

I had no clue about this until i posted my last rig for sale and 4-5 people asked me if it was registered as an RV for that reason.

I went to AAA, took me 30 mins, re-registered it as an RV, dramatically dropped reg and ins costs, and the buyer financed it and away he went.

I just learned about this last year and was baffled at how easy it was to do in the commmunist state of California.
The Camper has been inspected by local Nevada state DMV and is currently registered as an RV.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

Don't you have to have a sink in the bathroom or something for it to be considered an RV? (Tom with The Lost Box had to do this, for AZ IIRC). Perhaps this is state specific?

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Don't you have to have a sink in the bathroom or something for it to be considered an RV? (Tom with The Lost Box had to do this, for AZ IIRC). Perhaps this is state specific?

Its state specific. CA had a list of stuff, and to register it as an RV you needed to have 3. I had sink, stove, and 110 power.

Oddly (not really), the older lady at AAA didnt even look inside! :)

I love AAA

dcrzach

Its state specific. CA had a list of stuff, and to register it as an RV you needed to have 3. I had sink, stove, and 110 power.

I love AAA
Ya, Nevada wanted to see a complete water system including fresh and grey water tanks, a toilet stall with black tank or cassette, a food preparation area, a sleeping area and a 12v power system. It was a 10 min inspection at the DMV

dcrzach

Ya, Nevada wanted to see a complete water system including fresh and grey water tanks, a toilet stall with black tank or cassette, a food preparation area, a sleeping area and a 12v power system. It was a 10 min inspection at the DMV
I also had to have a vehicle safety inspection completed at a DMV registered auto shop. This was to have the title re-issued from emergency vehicle to F450 RV . They inspected brakes, all lights, horn and signals.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge

I love AAA

You love AAA, or old ladies? I think we know the real answer. :p

Back to a sweet ambo...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles