Offgrid 4x4 Expedition Vehicle F450 Ambulance Conversion - SOLD !

danneskjold

Too bad I'm 6'1" :(

No relation to the seller, but I am 6’2 and live part time out of a converted ambulance with 5’10 headroom. It’s really not as big of a deal as it’s made out to be - you will be able to stand in the entry way, and other than that I would expect you would spend the majority of the time sitting or laying down.

jlcanterbury

Second on the height not being a big deal. Of course it's nice to have headroom, but it's real easy to just slouch or tilt your head forward a bit when walking or standing inside. I'm 6'1" and don't mind the 5'10" headroom in my ambulance. My wife is 5'3" and has zero complaints ?

dcrzach

Truck is still available -

We can arrange delivery anywhere in the US for full price offers. ! Happy new year Expo Fam

Question - the ride of the ambulance conversion. How harsh or compliant is it? I am smitten with this build, wife is not as smitten as I am. So I’m trying to gather add’l data points in the positive.

Regards,
Barry

dcrzach

Very nice truck. Good video to understand the layout.
I wish it were a quad cab. Are you building anything with a crew or quad cab?
We have certainly considered it ! We are in the works grading and preparing to build our work shop this summer. Once we have our work space established we will be moving towards creating our official Autarky 1. We will be designing, fabricating and assembling the entire camper habitat in house - and will definitely be placing a few onto crew cab Ford or Dodge trucks in the future.

dcrzach

Question - the ride of the ambulance conversion. How harsh or compliant is it? I am smitten with this build, wife is not as smitten as I am. So I’m trying to gather add’l data points in the positive.

Regards,
Barry
The ride is far more than compliant - its excellent. The atlas leaf packs paired with the icon shocks and the hellwig sway bars makes for a smooth ride with no lean at all. The built 6.0 also moves the truck around with very little effort. It is a joy to drive.

dcrzach

IMG_20210120_113241_543.jpg

A massive 32in off the ground in the flex test. - full video on instagram @AutarkyEV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles