*OFF THE MARKET *Price drop-2018 Earth Cruiser EXP turbo diesel, Boulder, Co. $239,000! 10th Anniversary Edition *OFF THE MARKET*

wfv56

Have you done much cold weather camping in this rig? I’m curious how easy it is to heat with the fabric walls? Any condensation problems when cold weather camping? Thanks Bill

thinairathlete

Have you done much cold weather camping in this rig? I’m curious how easy it is to heat with the fabric walls? Any condensation problems when cold weather camping? Thanks Bill
Hi Bill, thanks for the question. I have spent many days and nights below freezing. I am sure a hard sided rig is more efficient to heat than a soft side however, this rig is not at all hard to keep warm as the heater works so well. Even in single digit temps the thermostat is only up half way to keep it at 80. I also always camp without the clear plasic windows in (like a jeep convertible) only the screens and canvas flap. There is some condensation on the very coldest nights. It would be the same in a hard sided rig. It shows itself on the front windshield. Venting a window helps tremendously. The condensation is completly human generated. I hardly see any when I camp alone and there is none with the heater on and no occupants.
36027.jpeg

thinairathlete

Oh, I must have missed the 175k drivetrain. I’m sure the house portion has already been well sorted by now between you and the folks at EarthCruiser. Thanks!
I had a few adjustments made after my initial purchase. I would also cover any Earthcruiser warranty items in the first 6 months but this truck is solid and Earthcruiser items are well thought out and work very well. I anticipate no problems and wouldnt hesitate to set off on a world trip tomorrow.

thinairathlete

This awesome Earthcruiser is still for sale. We leave for Mexico in 2 weeks and it will go into storage rather than consigning it or giving it away. It is fully loaded meaning it has everything you would need or want for extended overland travel. All Fuso updates completed, full engine, chassis and transmission service done as well as new house water filter and engine air filter. MAKE US AN OFFER. Picture taken in Mexican Hat, Utah
20190911_193826.jpg

AMBOT

Adventurer
It is 8'6" tall with the roof down. Approximately 2 feet higher with the roof up. 6'7" is the interior hight with the roof up. Let a bit of air out of the tires and it fits nicely in a shipping container. Thanks for asking!

Is there any area of the floor where you could walk where the ceiling is less than 6’7”? I love everything about an EC, but being 6’6” I can’t explicitly know for sure without seeing it in person, but would welcome your feedback on whether you think it would be a comfortable place for a tall person. I understand the bed to be 78” and would like to know if that’s exact and what the measurement of the available sleeping area on the diagonal would be?

The new 2020 spec says 82” inside height, but I’m waiting to see if that’s accurate. Bed size looks the same.

gdaut

Black Friday Sale! I am in Boulder for the weekend; if I bought this I would save the money on the new batteries I need for my rig (this one has MasterVolts; very nice).

Someone please buy this so I can stop trying to rationalize me buying it.

thinairathlete

Black Friday Sale! I am in Boulder for the weekend; if I bought this I would save the money on the new batteries I need for my rig (this one has MasterVolts; very nice).

Someone please buy this so I can stop trying to rationalize me buying it.
Come by and check it out! Just filled the fuel tank today, you can easily make it to Mexico before you need to fill up again!

thinairathlete

Is there any area of the floor where you could walk where the ceiling is less than 6’7”? I love everything about an EC, but being 6’6” I can’t explicitly know for sure without seeing it in person, but would welcome your feedback on whether you think it would be a comfortable place for a tall person. I understand the bed to be 78” and would like to know if that’s exact and what the measurement of the available sleeping area on the diagonal would be?

The new 2020 spec says 82” inside height, but I’m waiting to see if that’s accurate. Bed size looks the same.
Hi AMBOT, the bed in my 2018 EXP is indeed 78" long. Corner to corner it is 90". The roof when fully open is 85" tall. The shower area is 90" tall and the dinette area is 79" tall but you are in the process of sitting down as soon as you step up. The door is short and everyone ducks when coming in. The seats are 10 way adjustable including 3
20190922_183552.jpg
height adjustments, seat bottom length adj and head rest adj. Hope this helps. I leave for Mexico next Thursday. Time is running out for me to show this excellent truck.

thinairathlete

I more week till this goes into storage. We are headed to our home in Mexico. Much easier to show and make a deal on while I
20191201_114617.jpg
am in Colorado. Along with all the extras it also has 68 gallons of fresh diesel fuel.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
This is one of the nicest, cleanest, most honest ads I've seen. the pics and videos are super. Alas, Lotto hasn't found my numbers. I wish you and your family the best with your new adventure in Mexico!

p.s. If Lotto, or Santa, smiles on me, I'll give you a call.

Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles