*Off the Market* 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 LWB SRW 5.9 Cummins w/ G56 6-speed Manual

transpacdj

Update June 5:
I've pulled the truck off the market for now. I will be in the field for work for the next few weeks and unable to tend to this. Meanwhile, I've handed the truck over to my mechanic, who will be tidying up the undercarriage, repairing some rock chips on the rockers, and doing a general gussying up. If there is any interest in the interim, feel free to contact me and I will respond as I am able. Thank you!

I said this is the truck I’d be buried in. But I was infected by the build-bug recently (you know how it is) and just completed the build on a 2017 Ram G56 rig, and sadly I can only drive one at a time. So as torn as I am, it is time (not for the burial, just to find a new home for the truck). Without further ado, here are the particulars.
  • 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab Long Bed SRW
  • 5.9 Cummins
  • G56 6-speed Manual
  • Manual transfer case
  • 3.73 gears
  • 131,600 miles
I purchased this truck in 2011, with 57,000 miles, after an extensive search for The One. Truck was bone-stock at the time of my purchase, with a verified local history. The build took place from mid-2012 through early 2013, and all work was performed by one of three highly-reputable local shops, each chosen for their particular expertise. Build details include:
  • Carli Pin-Top 2.5 kit, with King 2.5’s, VR coils and mini-packs
  • Carli long-travel airbags
  • Thuren 4th-gen tie rod and drag link
  • Thuren / Fox steering stabilizer
  • Carli ball joints
  • BD Pitman arm brace
  • Eaton Trutrac limited slip, rear
  • Eaton E-locker, front
  • Dynatrac freespin kit with Dynatrac hubs
  • Spicer XL front axle spindle u-joints and F/R driveline u-joints (done at 92,000 miles)
  • Redhead steering gearbox
  • Southbend dual-disc clutch, with hydraulics
  • PacBrake exhaust brake and air compressor, with Firestone Air-Command controller for airbags
  • Warn 16.5 winch, on Warn carrier
  • Optima Yellow-top batteries (replaced again in 2017)
  • CirkitBoss fuse block for accessory wiring
  • Amsoil synthetics for transmission, transfer case and differentials
  • Smarty Jr tuner
  • Boost and EGT gauges
  • AFE cold air intake

Reliability has, is, and always will be my number one priority with my vehicles. With that in mind, absolutely no expense has ever been spared in maintenance of this truck. In addition to 5,000-mile-interval oil changes, 10,000-mile interval fuel filter changes and all factory-recommended service-intervals, the following extensive maintenance and repair work has been performed within the last 5,000 miles (all documented):
  • All new (not refurb’d) King 2.5 primary and remote reservoir shocks, front and rear
  • Carli sway bar end link kit
  • Tie rod ends and sleeves replaced
  • Drag links replaced
  • Fox steering stabilizer replaced
  • Front brake rebuild, with new rotors
  • Rear brake rebuild, rotors turned
  • Parking brake rebuild
  • Front hub rebuild with new bearings and seals
  • 4” turbo-back exhaust system
  • Engine oil, transmission, transfer case and differential gear oil replacement
  • Coolant flush and fill
  • Fuel filter replacement
  • Wheel alignment

Currently running Toyo M/T’s in a 285/75/17 (approx. 60 - 70% tread, by measurement) on OEM alloys, and included are a set of studded snows (Dean Back Country MT, kissin’ cousin to Cooper ST Maxx) in the same size (less than 5,000 miles), also mounted on OEM alloys. Also included are one set of heavy V-bar tire chains, and one set of quick-fit chains.

Body condition is very good, with only two small dents of note. Paint is good, but with just enough “sagebrush pinstriping” to show this truck has been used as it should. Interior condition is excellent. Undercarriage shows surface rust only, and no attempt has been made to conceal anything with undercoating. Zero drivetrain leaks, drips or weeps. Non-funtioning electric rear door lock actuators are the only item that could possibly be addressed. Truck has been stored inside while under my ownership, up until its recent displacement by its replacement.

The truck cap is an aluminum Tradesman, custom built by Access Mfg. The storage unit is a home-brewed “truck vault”, made of 1-1/8” fir plywood and coated inside-out with professional-sprayed bedliner… built like a brick s@#$house. Built-in 6-gallon freshwater tank with hand pump. Will also include my trusty Norcold 40 reefer.

It should go without saying, but this an incredibly capable and reliable rig, and likely one of the most coveted drivetrain generations for those in the know. It has infallibly taken me to, and returned me from, some very remote corners of the map, and I have zero doubt it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future for its next owner. I desperately want to see this go to someone who will appreciate it, use it, and enjoy it as I have, therefore have chosen to post it first on Expedition Portal… pretty certain this is the right audience.

Price TBD when back on the market. Title is held clear. Located in Anacortes, WA. I ask for serious inquiries only, but will gladly and openly answer any questions you may have.
IMG_4780.JPGIMG_4781.JPGIMG_4782.JPGIMG_4785.JPGIMG_4786.JPGIMG_4787.JPGIMG_4788.JPGIMG_4789.JPGIMG_4799.JPGIMG_4800.JPG

Last edited:

alex_the_axe

Very nice truck and build. Good luck with your sale!
I have a similar 06 and it has been one of my favorite vehicles that I've owned.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I said this is the truck I’d be buried in. But I was infected by the build-bug recently (you know how it is) and just completed the build on a 2017 Ram G56 rig, and sadly I can only drive one at a time. So as torn as I am, it is time (not for the burial, just to find a new home for the truck). Without further ado, here are the particulars.
  • 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab Long Bed SRW
  • 5.9 Cummins
  • G56 6-speed Manual
  • Manual transfer case
  • 3.73 gears
  • 131,600 miles
I purchased this truck in 2011, with 57,000 miles, after an extensive search for The One. Truck was bone-stock at the time of my purchase, with a verified local history. The build took place from mid-2012 through early 2013, and all work was performed by one of three highly-reputable local shops, each chosen for their particular expertise. Build details include:
  • Carli Pin-Top 2.5 kit, with King 2.5’s, VR coils and mini-packs
  • Carli long-travel airbags
  • Thuren 4th-gen tie rod and drag link
  • Thuren / Fox steering stabilizer
  • Carli ball joints
  • BD Pitman arm brace
  • Eaton Trutrac limited slip, rear
  • Eaton E-locker, front
  • Dynatrac freespin kit with Dynatrac hubs
  • Spicer XL front axle spindle u-joints and F/R driveline u-joints (done at 92,000 miles)
  • Redhead steering gearbox
  • Southbend dual-disc clutch, with hydraulics
  • PacBrake exhaust brake and air compressor, with Firestone Air-Command controller for airbags
  • Warn 16.5 winch, on Warn carrier
  • Optima Yellow-top batteries (replaced again in 2017)
  • CirkitBoss fuse block for accessory wiring
  • Amsoil synthetics for transmission, transfer case and differentials
  • Smarty Jr tuner
  • Boost and EGT gauges
  • AFE cold air intake

Reliability has, is, and always will be my number one priority with my vehicles. With that in mind, absolutely no expense has ever been spared in maintenance of this truck. In addition to 5,000-mile-interval oil changes, 10,000-mile interval fuel filter changes and all factory-recommended service-intervals, the following extensive maintenance and repair work has been performed within the last 5,000 miles (all documented):
  • All new (not refurb’d) King 2.5 primary and remote reservoir shocks, front and rear
  • Carli sway bar end link kit
  • Tie rod ends and sleeves replaced
  • Drag links replaced
  • Fox steering stabilizer replaced
  • Front brake rebuild, with new rotors
  • Rear brake rebuild, rotors turned
  • Parking brake rebuild
  • Front hub rebuild with new bearings and seals
  • 4” turbo-back exhaust system
  • Engine oil, transmission, transfer case and differential gear oil replacement
  • Coolant flush and fill
  • Fuel filter replacement
  • Wheel alignment

Currently running Toyo M/T’s in a 285/75/17 (approx. 60 - 70% tread, by measurement) on OEM alloys, and included are a set of studded snows (Dean Back Country MT, kissin’ cousin to Cooper ST Maxx) in the same size (less than 5,000 miles), also mounted on OEM alloys. Also included are one set of heavy V-bar tire chains, and one set of quick-fit chains.

Body condition is very good, with only two small dents of note. Paint is good, but with just enough “sagebrush pinstriping” to show this truck has been used as it should. Interior condition is excellent. Undercarriage shows surface rust only, and no attempt has been made to conceal anything with undercoating. Zero drivetrain leaks, drips or weeps. Non-funtioning electric rear door lock actuators are the only item that could possibly be addressed. Truck has been stored inside while under my ownership, up until its recent displacement by its replacement.

The truck cap is an aluminum Tradesman, custom built by Access Mfg. The storage unit is a home-brewed “truck vault”, made of 1-1/8” fir plywood and coated inside-out with professional-sprayed bedliner… built like a brick s@#$house. Built-in 6-gallon freshwater tank with hand pump. Will also include my trusty Norcold 40 reefer.

It should go without saying, but this an incredibly capable and reliable rig, and likely one of the most coveted drivetrain generations for those in the know. It has infallibly taken me to, and returned me from, some very remote corners of the map, and I have zero doubt it will continue to do so for the foreseeable future for its next owner. I desperately want to see this go to someone who will appreciate it, use it, and enjoy it as I have, therefore have chosen to post it first on Expedition Portal… pretty certain this is the right audience.

Priced to sell at $28,000, firm. Title is held clear. Located in Anacortes, WA. I ask for serious inquiries only, but will gladly and openly answer any questions you may have.
View attachment 585747View attachment 585748View attachment 585749View attachment 585750View attachment 585751View attachment 585752View attachment 585753View attachment 585754View attachment 585755View attachment 585756
Did you retain the cat for smogging in many states?

FJ SD

Builder
great looking truck. GLWS. If you still have it in a month or two ill reach out, as we need to come up with a bit more cash. this is the exact truck we have been looking for. That said it'll sell quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94