off-road trailers

gendlert

I am really curious about your take after you've now had it for a few more months. I have looked at every trailer on the market over the last 2 years. We came very close to ordering an Overkill SO510, considered Kimberley, and even looked into importing an Oz spec trailer from down under. I was very leery of the Chinese trailers, but after seeing the Dweller, I was very pleasantly surprised. So much so that I just put down our deposit for the first Dweller to be sold in Texas and will pick it up in a couple of days.

I would love to hear anything you have to say. Have you had any issues at all? Anything you love or hate? I know I will be adding a hanging cot (made from T-slot aluminum) for our kiddo, but I'm curious if you've noticed anything else you want to upgrade or change.

Barefootskier1

I picked up a used Kimberley Karavan and would do it again in a second! I looked at all of the US stuff and nothing is close in build quality or ability off road! No they aren't cheap but worth the money. Set up takes under ten minutes and about as fast to close up and go. Pulls like a dream and is very comfortable and cozy in all conditions. We had a hard time spending the money but are glad we did in the end.
How did you come across a used Kimberley Karavan in the US?

WFOORBUST

LOL, on this site! I found one that was the original owner in Idaho. I would contact David @ KK USA in Ohio, he is very helpful and will know if anything is up for sale. I know he had a line on one last month.

super888

How does the Dweller handle low night temps, nothing extreme, mid 20’s to low 30’s? If the heater is on will that keep the plumbing from freezing?
I’m seriously thinking about getting the Dweller, so thanks for any insight.

Phuston

Contemplating trading my Opus OP15 for the OBI Dweller. UNader bed ac, bigger bath and way better storage is the main contributing factor. Also like that it’s 2 feet shorter

gendlert

Contemplating trading my Opus OP15 for the OBI Dweller. UNader bed ac, bigger bath and way better storage is the main contributing factor. Also like that it’s 2 feet shorter
I think you'll find it similar to what you have with the exceptions you mentioned. On the outside, I think you'll like the kitchen setup better, and likely won't miss the second spare tire. On the inside, I think you'll like the pop top configuration better without the bungee cord going around the middle, will love the trade of bunks for more storage, and won't miss the dinette configuration. The Dweller is built for two. As long as that's what you need, you're making the right choice from my perspective. The OP15 is a great choice for a couple with littles.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior