Off Road Trailer Group Buy (M416 Style) ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johncmng

I will be getting my trailer from Simon pretty soon and I am preparing to purchase a brake controller. It seems straight forward in installing the RedArc controller in the dash and connecting a couple of harnesses. But is there a special connector in the back of my 2017 4Runner to connect to the trailers braking system? Is the circular plug the only thing that needs to be connected?
TIA

Soggoth

I will be getting my trailer from Simon pretty soon and I am preparing to purchase a brake controller. It seems straight forward in installing the RedArc controller in the dash and connecting a couple of harnesses. But is there a special connector in the back of my 2017 4Runner to connect to the trailers braking system? Is the circular plug the only thing that needs to be connected?
TIA

Standard round 7-pin circular trailer socket/connector is all you need. One of the pins is dedicated for brake output

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
TIA

Go to Etrailer.com, you need a seven pin harness for your model vehicle. Some vehicles are plug and play, Toyota may even have one for you.

jeepers29

Not sure this helps, as I haven’t received my trailer yet, but I did order the awning mounts.
I plan on running an Iron Man 4x4 awning on it...I have their big one on my GX,and it’s been great. I’ll put their “medium” sized one on the trailer.
I use their quick-detach awning mounts also...truly the Bees Knees...I’ll certainly use them also on the trailer set-up.
If you haven’t yet, look into the QD mounts...game changer!
I just ordered a set of the awning brackets. Thanks, and they are on sale.

cseaman

I'm going to post this reminder on every page. I am happy that you guys were lucky enough to receive your trailers, but I do not want another person to get taken and have already received PMs from people that aren't lucky enough to be in CA and have concerns.

I sent this form via certified USPS w/ tracking to the IRS. SImon does not have the cash on hand to refund people their deposits in one payment.

Do not place new orders with him. You are going to get a runaround, it is not going to be done on time, he is not going to take personal responsibility for any of it, and he is probably not going to be able to send you a refund.

B^2

Observer
I'm going to post this reminder on every page. I am happy that you guys were lucky enough to receive your trailers, but I do not want another person to get taken and have already received PMs from people that aren't lucky enough to be in CA and have concerns.

I sent this form via certified USPS w/ tracking to the IRS. SImon does not have the cash on hand to refund people their deposits in one payment.

Do not place new orders with him. You are going to get a runaround, it is not going to be done on time, he is not going to take personal responsibility for any of it, and he is probably not going to be able to send you a refund.

When you paid him initially did you try doing a charge back with your credit card? Do you get a sense of whether it's him just taking on too much work for the amount of time he has away from his day job? It seems like most people are getting their trailers, albeit with some sort of delay.

In regards to the above post I would like to say a few things.
First and foremost if you have any concerns about your orders please reach out to me. Those that have placed orders I have provided multiple channels to reach me. I do my best to respond as quickly as possible.

What am I guilty of? Orders taking longer that expected. This is true. As many of you are aware, the last year has been an unpredictable one especially for those trying to run a small business yet alone get one started. But despite that I have managed to build and deliver 14 trailers in the last 10 months several of which were delivered out of state. All this while working a full time job.

What else am I guilty of? I am human. I am not perfect but I am trying. I have made mistakes in the past and paid dearly for many of them. But I learned many things about myself as well as how to run a business. Is it perfect? Sadly no. But I will continue to learn and try to do my best.

The above poster is welcome to continue his attack. I do my taxes and have my affairs in order so I am not worried. You pulled the plug on this not me and I refunded you your deposit via the platform you requested.

To those with orders. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
For those of you who have taken the trailers out and left them behind for a short trip. What are some options for security? Adding a wheel lock or something to that effect so they dont walk away?

Danny, remove your tow bar from the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles