Off Road Trailer Group Buy (M416 Style) ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

a4rmando

I added an ARB Awning to mine after my recent trip. Took 3 months for this to come in...
I used muffler clamps to install it to the top of the load bar - I used 4 of them, I think 1.5" and they worked really well. The ARB uses slide bolts in a groove top and bottom - I has to purchase some longer bolts to do the install.

Here is a picture of it mounted to the trailer.
View attachment 634102
I like it! It looks and sounds like it’s going to work out great. What size ARB awning is that? Never mind, just went back and clicked on the link you provided. Thank you!

Soggoth

Finally had a decent camping trip with my trailer. ~1000 miles total, with some trails in Death Valley:

i-2Hsfc84-L.jpg

i-nH6VRsv-L.jpg

Trailer performed exceptionally well. It stays rock solid after days of driving on brutal DV washboards, nothing got loose or misaligned.

I'm still figuring out the best way of organizing cargo inside. I use few plastic boxes and initially I was going to add 2 pieces of airline L-track along the sides, but now I'm not so sure.

What kind of gear boxes/totes/crates you guys are using with your trailers?

Last edited:

cseaman

Only 15 pages of kicking myself for not getting in on this buy! Keep it coming...
Any chance there is a group buy planned for 2021?? I'm interested.

I wouldn't be sweating bullets. I pulled the plug after 16 weeks of waiting, given a 4-6 week quote in August, and Simon's absolute inability to deliver on his own promises. After multiple instances (6) where he told me he would deliver it "no later than" a certain date or "next weekend" and then going MIA with some new excuse, I drove to his home and picked up my wheels and tires. He was too much of a coward to stay at his house and acknowledge anything. I spent over $2k on parts for this trailer and am lucky I happened to move to CA after I placed my deposit.

It took multiple venmo payments for him to repay my deposit, even though he told me he had 15 trailers in the queue. I would not recommend sending this person a $1 unless you're local and can get your money back. He has over 10 years of this behavior that I did not find until after the fact. Google "ih8mud" and "simon morris" and you will find a past of bankruptcy and undelivered parts that I cannot believe I didn't find in August.

I reported him and his "business" to the IRS, so I wouldn't start sending him money any time soon.

Last edited:

DannyLLama

Observer
Finally had a chance to take mine out and it was fantastic!! Handled on road and some off road very well! We didn't go too deep into Anza but I'm sure it will be fine on more technical roads.

Here's a phone pic... I will post more later when I have had a chance to download them.

Very stoked about this setup and the iKamper! nice choice @Soggoth

I just need to figure out how to stay warm inside the tent when its below mid-30's

Looking forward to other's trip reports!
Trailer.jpeg

Soggoth

Finally had a chance to take mine out and it was fantastic!! Handled on road and some off road very well! We didn't go too deep into Anza but I'm sure it will be fine on more technical roads.

Here's a phone pic... I will post more later when I have had a chance to download them.

Very stoked about this setup and the iKamper! nice choice @Soggoth

I just need to figure out how to stay warm inside the tent when its below mid-30's

Looking forward to other's trip reports!

Night temp was in low-30's - high-20's when we camped in DV and it worked fine with our down sleeping bags zipped together + additional down blanket. Our 2.5 yo daughter slept in the middle and stayed nice and warm all night long.
We also used MrBuddy propane heater to warm up the tent before going to bed and then in the morning to dry out the condensation.

For gear storage I'm currently using two 17 gal plastic boxes (similar to those @norcalscott has mentioned) + action packer for food + some smaller boxes for various items + duffel bag for clothes.

The one problem I had is that textured powdercoating on the trailer's floor acts like an abrasive, so my SoloStove firepit cut a nice round hole in its own bag. I'm going to add some rubber mat to the floor before the next trip, also looking for a long ~46-48" plastic box/tote to store longer items (camp chairs, privacy shelter tent etc).

DannyLLama

Observer
Ah, yea, I wasn't prepared with the proper cold gear. Need to bring more blankets for cold weather. I had Mr buddy with me but was apprehensive about using it so i dont catch the tent on fire.

I also noticed from your photos that i didn't velcro my tent better with where the hydraulic arms are. Mine was wide open all night. on the side. Live and learn.

I am using clear storage boxes on for my loose items. Trailer fit everything really nice and perfect.

sn_85

Observer
Ah, yea, I wasn't prepared with the proper cold gear. Need to bring more blankets for cold weather. I had Mr buddy with me but was apprehensive about using it so i dont catch the tent on fire.

I also noticed from your photos that i didn't velcro my tent better with where the hydraulic arms are. Mine was wide open all night. on the side. Live and learn.

I am using clear storage boxes on for my loose items. Trailer fit everything really nice and perfect.

What about something like a 12v heated blanket.

DannyLLama

Observer
Redarc as well, pro elite. Look back a few pages, there's a few posts about it.

Has anyone considered adding back up camera? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles