Off Road Trailer Group Buy (M416 Style) ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycleman4

Adventure seeker
2DE52B59-592D-4010-ABA5-A0CF608E859F.jpeg

Got my trailer tires mounted yesterday. ?

Lbcdan

I can post pictures of my RTT on a pallet, Whynter refrigerator, solar package, battery chargers, propane tank and mount, hot water heater, lock and roll hitch, lights, etc. I've got everything except the trailer but I think Simon is dealing with some supply issues under the current circumstances. Not sure about everyone else, but I am itching to get out there. :)

which lock n roll hitch setup are you getting? I am unsure since I have a lift.

norcalscott

which lock n roll hitch setup are you getting? I am unsure since I have a lift.
I use an adjustable receiver on the Jeep so I can move the hitch up and down as needed (I have a 3 inch lift). For the lock and roll hitch, I am using the extended length on the trailer side and the standard on the Jeep side. I ordered these from Amazon, and they came directly from the manufacturer. I got the PN-501 on the Jeep side and the PN-520 for this trailer. Even number models are the trailer side and odd numbers the jeep side. Now I just need a trailer to use these with :oops:

DannyLLama

Observer
Looking forward to this thread coming back to life with trailer pics!

Regarding trailer tires, since the rigs are doing most of the work, is it necessary to get large trailer tires?

Anyone have direct experience with this?

Lbcdan

Regarding trailer tires, since the rigs are doing most of the work, is it necessary to get large trailer tires?

Don’t have experience but I ordered the same tire size for the trailer as my truck (35”). That being aid, most other trailer companies seem to always show 33” tires on their trailers.

Lbcdan

I use an adjustable receiver on the Jeep so I can move the hitch up and down as needed (I have a 3 inch lift). For the lock and roll hitch, I am using the extended length on the trailer side and the standard on the Jeep side. I ordered these from Amazon, and they came directly from the manufacturer. I got the PN-501 on the Jeep side and the PN-520 for this trailer. Even number models are the trailer side and odd numbers the jeep side. Now I just need a trailer to use these with :oops:

thanks! I am excited to get mine. I am curious how you guys are gonna deck out the trailers. I will post up pictures as soon as I get mine.

Lbcdan

Forgot to task, why did you go with the extended 15” over the standard length?

DannyLLama

Observer
From what i'm reading, it seems that I may need a receiver on my OEM hitch in order to pull the trailer. Is that correct or is it optional?
In other words, do I need to purchase/install any additional equipment when receiving the trailer?

Soggoth

I'm debating the same question.
I'm leaning towards going with the matching rims (already have those) and slightly smaller and less aggressive tires on the trailer.
I have a 34" Ridge Grappler on my Jeep, probably will do 33" Terra Grapplers on the trailer since they're way cheaper, much lighter and have less rolling resistance. Still would be able to use 34" spare on the trailer in case I need it.

Lbcdan

I'm debating the same question.
I'm leaning towards going with the matching rims (already have those) and slightly smaller and less aggressive tires on the trailer.
I have a 34" Ridge Grappler on my Jeep, probably will do 33" Terra Grapplers on the trailer since they're way cheaper, much lighter and have less rolling resistance. Still would be able to use 34" spare on the trailer in case I need it.

my tundra’s setup is approx $550 a corner so I went the cheap route on the trailer. I got Jeep Steele wheels from 4wp and found some 35” coopers on amazon. I sent everything directly to Simon so the trailer will be delivered ready to go. Ordering my lock n roll hitch today.

Lbcdan

From what i'm reading, it seems that I may need a receiver on my OEM hitch in order to pull the trailer. Is that correct or is it optional?
In other words, do I need to purchase/install any additional equipment when receiving the trailer?

you do need a way to interface your vehicle to the trailer. I am planning on lots of off road trips so I am investing in a lock n roll hitch. various hitches have different capabilities and limitations. It is kinda based on your needs and use case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles