Off Road Trailer Group Buy (M416 Style) ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Trailer sits about 72 inches height, running 33 inch tires. The Smttybuilt RTT, with the ladder installed and cover adds about 14 more inches, so that puts it at about 86 inches total. My drive way is on an incline so the rear of the trailer tips up a couple more inches, so I think I would need to have 88 in my house to make it without letting air out of the tires. I like the height, it makes the tent annex work well, but if I had to store it in my garage, I would probably look at shortening the rack by 6 or so inches. I'm planning to store it at an indoor RV place so I'll keep the height as it is. I've seen some builds that have adjustable height racks, but that would add a lot of expense I am sure. It may be worth asking Simon if he can reduce the height of the rack if this is going to be a problem for you.

I used to air my Jeep way down to clear the garage door, give it a shot.

blubullett

I'm 100% in on another group buy. Buy what looks to be a rust bucket on craigslist for 2k or a beautiful new trailer for 3k? A no brainer.

bruleto

Here are some pics of my trailer. Simon is going to ship out the matrix panels once they're ready and I will get the Rotopax mounted. Looking forward to getting out on the trails with it and doing some camping. I'm super glad I matched the wheels and tires to my Jeep. It really completes the look.

I'm also glad to say it fits in the garage...even with 37s.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    817.6 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 374

bruleto

Looks great, what are thinking for lights inside trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure yet. Once COVID hit, I ramped down the research because I didn't want to pull the trigger on too many things prior to getting the trailer. Now that I have it, I will get back to researching. I'm new to this world so I'm trying to come up to speed on so many things. Any recommendations?

I also need to start saving my pennies because I want the slide-out "kitchen" that Simon designed that fits between the tail box and tub.

Lovely! wow the slide out kitchen sounds great! I really like your tent. Is it the Autana ? I would love an Autana 4 but worry it would not fit.

bruleto

Lovely! wow the slide out kitchen sounds great! I really like your tent. Is it the Autana ? I would love an Autana 4 but worry it would not fit.
Correct, it's the Ruggedized Autana 4. I still find it hard to believe that the whole tent and annex collapse into such a small package. I'm very pleased with how it fits the trailer.

norcalscott

@bruleto your trailer looks great! I like the white.

Took ours out for the first time the past week to Lassen National Park, remote campsite Juniper Lake, nothing crazy but a rough road coming in. Everything went well! Still have some things to work on, but very happy so far. @FourLeafCloverFab gave your contact info to a couple of admirers. Bellow are a few pictures of the rig.

Discovered that parking in a crowded national park with this can be done where others can’t park!
4AFBF720-0F11-4348-ACF7-A23F6DC1A70A.jpeg47BC5445-FB8C-4C77-939A-A6E1BBD29647.jpeg767580B2-0863-4C09-9FA6-6CCC268FE228.jpeg

a4rmando

@bruleto your trailer looks great! I like the white.

Took ours out for the first time the past week to Lassen National Park, remote campsite Juniper Lake, nothing crazy but a rough road coming in. Everything went well! Still have some things to work on, but very happy so far. @FourLeafCloverFab gave your contact info to a couple of admirers. Bellow are a few pictures of the rig.

Discovered that parking in a crowded national park with this can be done where others can’t park!
View attachment 597759View attachment 597760View attachment 597761
Nice first run! Looks beautiful there. I’m really liking the cargo net idea and the solar. Care to share any details on the solar?

norcalscott

Nice first run! Looks beautiful there. I’m really liking the cargo net idea and the solar. Care to share any details on the solar?
Sure, I am using the DOKIO 220 Watts portable setup. I plan to lay this on top of the Jeep but for this campground there was a lot of shade so I was chasing the sun. I was able to keep the 100AH battery charged to around 90% with 4 to 5 hours of sun a day. The battery was powering my Whynter refrigerator at 33 degrees, lights, USB chargers, and a 12v heated blanket to stay warm at night. I attached my wiring diagram if you are interested.
8948B46D-846E-44FE-9ADB-05B35ACB75EC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94