Off-Road Trailer Camper (2nd build on here)

b63215b

Adventurer
Hello all,

It is good to be back. My wife and I have had many configuration of an off road trailer you can have and some more roadish campers. Including an off road trailer that was a platform for a roof top tent. A roof top tent on my 3rd gen 4Runner, a fiberglass trillium trailer 13', a 4x4 F350 flat bed with Skamper 080S all refurbished. And for the kind of camping/exploring we like to do we like to be off grid out in the boonies. We like to explore with my 06 DC Tundra 4.7 in the real back roads without a camper in toe.

Most recently, we purchased a cabin and 10 acres in the UP. We have been spending the last few seasons getting it and the property where we want it to be. Feel free to check those videos out on my YouTube Channel (Burly Explores). Nonetheless, let's get back to the trailer.

The trailer is a solid frame trailer (supposedly built by a guy that cranked 5 of them out) that needs some work but had solid bones. Welds aren't strong, needs some bracing in the front truss area had a 1 7/8 ball but had a tongue wait of probably less than 70 pounds. Had a small 1400-2000 axle, but for the price it was a good deal. Oh BTW it is a 5x8 with a total length of 11'.
The first picture is once I had taken off all the frame rails, woods, corners, ratchet strap anchors , etc.

The New Trailer Plans -

Rough design so far on SketchUp (2nd pic)

-6.5x10 trailer Frame (so extension needed)
-6' tall with 1' pop up.
-Timbren 3500lbs axleless suspension
-"hopefully" slide out for cooking
-hatch for power system
-king size bed (w/ storage for clothes and things)
-dinette and relaxing area
-small sink for cleaning and brushing

Well that is it for now, I retested to here you ideas and thoughts. I don't have a time frame just a fun project to slowly work on.

Josh

53cf966f7bc2e9a6fa36738311b91bec.jpg
a99f86f295e08721614bc590f97c1df3.jpg
6c11723600bf2e2b11f339995c6f5eac.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

high-and-dry

Welcome back and you really need to check out the sawtooth ultimate thread. Would not hurt to check out my build either, it is designed for me to put a couch convertible to table in it. I just have not done the couch/table yet.

Other wise have fun building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94