Off Road Tear Drop - Aspen X Trails 11/2012 Build...

TheThom

Adventurer
Any chance you've got updates? I know the holidays cut into garage time, but I figured I'd ask. I always enjoy them.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry guys, been with a close friend the last month or so. He passed away last Saturday, just have not felt much like messing with the trailer. I promise I will get motivated again soon. I have been spending all my away time riding my bike, reflecting I guess.

Bob

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
No I need to get going again. Cancer is such a terrible disease. We lost a great guy, who truly lived for off roading, camping and nature. A gentle giant of a man. He fought every twist and turn for the last 18 months, but in the end decided it was time. Anyway will get back on it next week when it warms up a little.

Bob

Old Sarge

Observer
Aspen X Trails

Bob, sorry to hear about your friend. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be taking the trailer out and actually run trails with it. I'm doing a camping trip in the Ozarks with Central Overland from Dec 29th -Jan 1st. Its about 120 mile trip so I should get some good use out of it! I will attempt to do a better job and get some in action pics to post up. I have also picked up a generator for it. I still need to wait and see if a blizzard hits between Houston and the Ozarks by trip time. The big dog is going with me so it will be interesting to see how he does in the camper! The only thing I know I don't have too worry about is it being warm to sleep in!

Dirtytires

Explorer
Sorry to hear of your friends battle with Cancer. It is hard to sit around and watch our loved ones and
friends just fall apart. Well better times are ahead for him! I am blessed that my Mom has been cancer free
for a year now. Cancer sucks.... good luck there buddy and keep your head up.

Craig

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
It has been tough, he was like a brother. I built him a trailer 5 years ago. We have been inseperable since then. He lived in Canada but we camped, traveled, and talked nearly every day. Hard to move on, but then think of the poor people in CT.

It has been quite cold here, below 20 degrees right now. Picked up some propane, so getting closer.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I once when I was younger I asked a much older friend (93) what was hardest about getting old. He replied ...... loosing all your friends. But then he said "I was so much better knowing them and I hope they were better for having known me."
I knew him for another year and he was right.
Sorry for your loss .... it always hard

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000