Off-road Heavy Duty Casita Build

Trixxx

We have a casita spirit deluxe on order. Picking it up next Feb. If you decide to sell, please let me know as I would be very interested.

We’d certainly be willing to sell for the right offer. Aside from it’s first 3 months, it’s been stored 100% in an enclosed storage since new.

Currently, it’s not looking like we’d use it til November or December, which could make us a bit more willing to entertain the right offer.

jeepers29

We’d certainly be willing to sell for the right offer. Aside from it’s first 3 months, it’s been stored 100% in an enclosed storage since new.

Currently, it’s not looking like we’d use it til November or December, which could make us a bit more willing to entertain the right offer.
Come up with a price you are willing to part with it and let me know. We have sold our teardrop, so if we can get a camper before our casita is ready, that would be great.

Trixxx

Did you sell it?

Still got it! Haven’t used it in January and our baby is due Sunday! Sitting in a nice expensive storage unit lol.. If I don’t sell it we’ll use it for a few weekends this fall and then a couple weeks over Christmas.

Trixxx

We moved in March (70+ miles) but hadn’t found a storage unit nearby. Between that and our new baby, Casita work/use had been non existent.

Fast forward to last weekend, we found a way too big 42’ unit for rent, about 15 mins away!

Back to use and projects! Now that we also have a house and garage, we can bring it here to work (were in an apartment before). Plans will be a major closet mod, just recently installed a new converter and 100ah battle born lithium, have 4 scissor jacks to install (need to make mounts that sit above the frame).

we’re planning a big trip through Baja over Christmas, so time to get to work! Bought a land cruiser (2005) and mustang cobra (03) as well, so my project list is a mile long, plus working 55 hr weeks, working out 6 days a week, yadda yadda!

the storage unit will be big enough to put our cars and everything from our house (we’re renting) after my current job so we can hopefully take a 6-12 month sabbatical.

Attachments

• F3E40454-45A9-4CEE-9553-52B79665BA3D.jpeg
    F3E40454-45A9-4CEE-9553-52B79665BA3D.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 5669B414-2E7B-480B-8F92-10FA90A82251.jpeg
    5669B414-2E7B-480B-8F92-10FA90A82251.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
  • 22B774C8-0299-44A1-BF08-84DC6C3799CF.jpeg
    22B774C8-0299-44A1-BF08-84DC6C3799CF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120

Trixxx

Got the lithium and new converter going. This past weekend added an inverter, battery monitor, bus bar’s, and usb chargers. This is located under the bed.

Closet was supposed to get installed last weekend but the guy that does the installs had messed up his back. I can buy the kit and do it myself, but the install cost is well worth the day or so I’d spend doing it myself.

Heading to Baja around the 14th/15th, returning around the 23rd.

Our RSI SmartCap for our Tremor has also been delayed. Was supposed to show up in October, still not here (sitting in a port, apparently).

While we still have space between the truck and trailer, just harder to keep things easily accessible/organized, especially with the newborn..

Attachments

• CDD8B8D5-EC1F-4B13-887C-D07CFC0885DB.jpeg
    CDD8B8D5-EC1F-4B13-887C-D07CFC0885DB.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 69

Trixxx

A local woodworker in the Casita community has designed and installs these awesome closets. With the odd shape of the closet, and it just being a big open space, it’s just a mess to try and organize. The stars aligned and we got it installed today. Will be a huge improvement.

Before and after photo’s

5476E312-CA01-436D-88F5-6C0B81B9827F.jpeg6A833C22-2BAB-4454-951F-6F065A933F90.jpeg

El_jefe_83

Mas Gains
That casita is sweet! I’ve been tempted to down size from a 30 ft camper. How does the ARB twin do on your 37s?

228B

Observer
Great trailer, great thread. What an amazing baby picture, too.

I have an '16 aluminum-bodied F150 and a tiny 5 X 10 cargo trailer I'm turning into a 1.5-person camper. It's like an uberlight 1/2-ton version of your rig, but simpler. Installing the OG Timbren Axle-less right now (OG as in made and acquired before I learned of any HD version.). I'll get a thread going at some point but having pictures interface problems between iPhone and Windows lappie.

Anyway, looking forward to any updates you might soon post. You've done some great work. Especially scoring such a great, helpful wife and then the two of you making such a gorgeous little one.

Safe travels!

rhcompton

Any updates on this? Still looking to sell?

We are looking at a few fiberglass trailers ourselves and one of the big issues I see is the lack of off reading. I’m not trying to pull this thing through Zion, but I’d like to not worry taking my time over some wash board either.

Trixxx

Any updates on this? Still looking to sell?

We are looking at a few fiberglass trailers ourselves and one of the big issues I see is the lack of off reading. I’m not trying to pull this thing through Zion, but I’d like to not worry taking my time over some wash board either.
Hello - for sale thread here: https://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/off-road-casita-all-the-amenities-of-a-40’-trailer-in-a-very-capable-17’-price-drop.236824/

I have currently received a deposit and am holding the trailer through the end of September (both buyer and myself have other obligations and we’re happy to delay the sale/purchase).

Feel free to reach out in a few weeks and I can let you know the status.

Overlandman

Hello - for sale thread here: https://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/off-road-casita-all-the-amenities-of-a-40’-trailer-in-a-very-capable-17’-price-drop.236824/

I have currently received a deposit and am holding the trailer through the end of September (both buyer and myself have other obligations and we’re happy to delay the sale/purchase).

Feel free to reach out in a few weeks and I can let you know the status.
Just wondering did you ever get rid of the Casita very interested if you still have it…..Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior