Off MARKET - 2019 F350 Platinum Turnkey Overland/Baja Monster/Family Camper Rig -

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I had a very well built Defender NAS90 20 years or so ago, and could not get $50k, which was a steal. After considerable introspection and at the suggestion of a friend or two, I put it back to stock. Sold for $50k within 24 hours. I then sold all the kit for approx $20k, so I was very well pleased.
Point being, not all mods are of equal importance or as attractive as we the seller might believe. As builders of these rigs, we put our time, monies, imagination and efforts ‘all in’. Others simply may not appreciate the total, or have need for all the goodies…
Fast forward to the past two years, similar to post WWII in some regards, getting our hands on ‘things’. The resale market has reflected the reality that used is better than new since new is not available. Throw in a culture of instant gratification, and prices have been wacko for most things, not to mention all the artificial pent up inflation.
All that said, a rig like the OPs gets listed and doesn’t sell immediately, everyone starts scratching their heads in wonder. Can it be replicated for equal monies and on any sort of manageable schedule- no way!! But, in the end, supply/demand aren’t the only criteria. Finding a right seat for said saddle also plays into the game, and that is the wildcard me thinks. Diesel is great and I’ve had several- even the newer ones. But that is a killer for travel to some spots not so far away. Maybe not an issue for the seller, but a deal breaker for some.
I don’t have all the answers by a long shot, but I’m thinking this all will become more an issue as things approach a level of precovid normalcy, which in and of itself may never take place?! And who knows what the new norm will look like?? Sure will be interesting what will be available at what price, both used and new….
GLWS, sure seems like a very well thought out quality build!!

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
In these weird times with used vehicle prices home prices etc. Accelerating the way they are it's hard to keep up with pricing, buying or selling.
In the not to distant past, when you bought a new vehicle the instant depreciation, not so much in today's world. I feel most people that have a little experience under their belt, so to speak, would look at your hard numbers and divide by 2 as a startingpoint. ...

tlagerlof

I had a very well built Defender NAS90 20 years or so ago, and could not get $50k, which was a steal. After considerable introspection and at the suggestion of a friend or two, I put it back to stock. Sold for $50k within 24 hours. I then sold all the kit for approx $20k, so I was very well pleased.
Point being, not all mods are of equal importance or as attractive as we the seller might believe. As builders of these rigs, we put our time, monies, imagination and efforts ‘all in’. Others simply may not appreciate the total, or have need for all the goodies…
Fast forward to the past two years, similar to post WWII in some regards, getting our hands on ‘things’. The resale market has reflected the reality that used is better than new since new is not available. Throw in a culture of instant gratification, and prices have been wacko for most things, not to mention all the artificial pent up inflation.
All that said, a rig like the OPs gets listed and doesn’t sell immediately, everyone starts scratching their heads in wonder. Can it be replicated for equal monies and on any sort of manageable schedule- no way!! But, in the end, supply/demand aren’t the only criteria. Finding a right seat for said saddle also plays into the game, and that is the wildcard me thinks. Diesel is great and I’ve had several- even the newer ones. But that is a killer for travel to some spots not so far away. Maybe not an issue for the seller, but a deal breaker for some.
I don’t have all the answers by a long shot, but I’m thinking this all will become more an issue as things approach a level of precovid normalcy, which in and of itself may never take place?! And who knows what the new norm will look like?? Sure will be interesting what will be available at what price, both used and new….
GLWS, sure seems like a very well thought out quality build!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story and in my opinion some very well placed intentional thoughts.

I could not agree with you more, this is a very specific build, and that person whose rear end fits it is not easy to find, perhaps a unicorn at that.

I am also fully aware of my “perceived value” not being shared widespread, and am always willing to discuss said value. No doubt the world we live in is crazy, and I would like to pride myself on not trying to gouge anyone, but maybe that’s a sentiment nobody agrees with. I mean… you can locate several vehicles new and used that are literally priced 10s of thousands of dollars more then MSRP. I’m not doing that.

My mind changes every 2.5 hours, my family and I love this thing, it’s amazing, and can be for many many years to come!

Thank you again for sharing some insight, this is exactly why I asked.

Travis

Last edited:

tlagerlof

In these weird times with used vehicle prices home prices etc. Accelerating the way they are it's hard to keep up with pricing, buying or selling.
In the not to distant past, when you bought a new vehicle the instant depreciation, not so much in today's world. I feel most people that have a little experience under their belt, so to speak, would look at your hard numbers and divide by 2 as a startingpoint. ...
All very true my friend! The depreciation today is nearly nonexistent if compared to just a few years back!

Without sounding like a total arrogant you know what, I’ve got my wits about me, I’ve built and sold a few vehicles, and have a good understating of the market, but I’m always looking for new perspectives to consider.

Thank you again for some insight, and keep on keepin on.

tacollie

Glamper
Stock that truck is probably worth $80-90k imo. I bet a dealership give you that at very least. My guess is people with a budget to buy this truck would rather just order one and then build it themselves. I'm not saying it's not worth $130k but it's a narrow market. You either have to be patient or start pulling parts. GLWS!

For it's worth my brother has a 19 F350 King Ranch with 45k miles. It's mostly stock. The last time he had it in the dealership they offered him $90k for it.

tlagerlof

Stock that truck is probably worth $80-90k imo. I bet a dealership give you that at very least. My guess is people with a budget to buy this truck would rather just order one and then build it themselves. I'm not saying it's not worth $130k but it's a narrow market. You either have to be patient or start pulling parts. GLWS!

For it's worth my brother has a 19 F350 King Ranch with 45k miles. It's mostly stock. The last time he had it in the dealership they offered him $90k for it.
Thanks man, I appreciate your response, and I agree with the value you shared. I also have a few friends that have had the same experience your brother had with F250/350s and Raptors. Crazy money for used vehicles. You are also spot on about the customer who can afford this would probably want the satisfaction of building it themselves. Honestly, I can't! HAH!!! 42 years young, born and raised in Newport/Costa Mesa, and we WANT OUT!!! This is a potential part of our 5 year plan to do that.

I can be patient, I own this puppy outright, title in hand, and I do believe there is someone out there looking for this exact rig. Who knows, if I do end up selling some of the parts and recoup some dough, perhaps I keep the truck. I have a few posts within the forum of parts that I have not physically removed, but easily can.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

pkripper

Sounds like a great deal. Just saw a brand new Bronco with a sticker price of $59k with a $30k market adjustment for a total sales price of $89k +ttl. You will find a buyer.

tlagerlof

Sounds like a great deal. Just saw a brand new Bronco with a sticker price of $59k with a $30k market adjustment for a total sales price of $89k +ttl. You will find a buyer.
I also believe it is a great deal, the new owner will be getting a ton for the money, but I can also appreciate that it is a very specifically built truck and the right butt for the seat may be a bit harder to find. Thanks for looking!

FJ SD

Builder
I highly suggest anyone considering this beautiful rig to contact the owner directly to see what he has. It'll be worth the effort. Travis is the real real. Stand up dude, honest, and detail oriented. We ended up going a different direction for our next truck but the his F350 pretty much checks all the boxes for 99% of fullsize truck owners. GLWS.

tlagerlof

I highly suggest anyone considering this beautiful rig to contact the owner directly to see what he has. It'll be worth the effort. Travis is the real real. Stand up dude, honest, and detail oriented. We ended up going a different direction for our next truck but the his F350 pretty much checks all the boxes for 99% of fullsize truck owners. GLWS.
I appreciate the compliments Garrett, the feeling is mutual. So stoked on your successes: in this crazy world of Sprinter Builds and "Instagram Vans", it is hard to stand out, but you have done it. WAYPOINT Vehicles is legit! Check em out!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne