O'erlanderwagen build

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Really looking good. Lots of time deciding on some really nice kit. She will be a comfy ride 4 sure.:D

Thanks Harlan! Yes, lots of thinking time put into the planning. It's comfy but man are these wheels/tires heavy.

otiswesty

Regular guy
View attachment 100507
Now this is more like what I had in mind!

PO didn't leave me with the key for the spare tire cover so we still need to grind that off and install the 5th Hutch/BFG-AT...bit worried about the extra 30lbs hanging off the cargo door...may be time for the DesertService rear bumper vs W461 split.

In didn't have the spare key for my 2002 either, the dealer took it off for no charge
Just sayin'
Nice work brutha
E

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks all! :sombrero:

I've ordered a new latch from Don and Ed in parts, so that whoever I sell this spare tire cover to will have a working one.

MEUSOC

Observer
New engine is in and running great-prepping for paint. I want something in between the Entdecker brown color and the Canadian military G green color. Who makes a "breen"? Haha!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
New engine is in and running great-prepping for paint. I want something in between the Entdecker brown color and the Canadian military G green color. Who makes a "breen"? Haha!

Link please!
I'm curious what color you'll end up with.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
oh this is good!:Wow1:

Thanks!

RTT is getting wrapped 5/31 and then I can finally mount it to the roof rack and put the rack/awning/etc on the rig. More pics then. But for now, pics from my first off-pavement with it--getting it the proper color you know. :sombrero:

DSCN0893-vi.jpg

DSCN0896-vi.jpg

DSCN0898-vi.jpg

DSCN0905-vi.jpg

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
love the wheels. gotta get a set. gotta wast some money on bling, so it may as well be functional bling. (gotta get my dash back on first!)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
love the wheels. gotta get a set. gotta wast some money on bling, so it may as well be functional bling. (gotta get my dash back on first!)

Talk to Tony at Motorsports! (503.244.9010)
He's a G-Wagen/SDP/Pinz/Mog/etc nut and Hutchinson dealer where I bought mine.

I love these Hutchies, save for their weight due to being cast vs forged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke