O'erlanderwagen build

Capo

Happy Camper
How do you change the 6 disc CD casette?

Slide the lid open, press the button on the cassette and it will eject itself slowly by a little electric motor. If it doesn't come out, try with the ignition on since the motion is electric.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Slide the lid open, press the button on the cassette and it will eject itself slowly by a little electric motor. If it doesn't come out, try with the ignition on since the motion is electric.

Capo, Eric means with the leg of my water jerry holder in the way. ;)

JP7161

Who even listens to CD's anymore? There is this new invention out called an iPod. You can fit like a million songs on it and it is the size of a cassette tape.

Okay - sorry for being a smartness. - but seriously who does really use Their CD changer?

Capo

Happy Camper
Capo, Eric means with the leg of my water jerry holder in the way. ;)

Oops, my bad, hehe!

Interesting subject though, is it possible to connect an iPod to the sound system? Some systems, like mine, will not admit it but surely there must be a way?

McBride

Adventurer
Oops, my bad, hehe!

Interesting subject though, is it possible to connect an iPod to the sound system? Some systems, like mine, will not admit it but surely there must be a way?

I'm not certain about the G Wagen, but generally, if a radio has an "auxiliary" input on the display when scrolling thru the source options, the audio system can be set up with an IPod as an input. Doing so might require splicing an iPod adapter into the radio wiring harness. Any experienced aftermarket stereo shop should be able to do it.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Decent point JP. I have 6 discs in my changer and 3 extra magazines. Those get changed a couple of times per year. I also use the Ipod and the radio, and wait just a minute, since mine is a 1999 I also have the option of playing a tape! I do find that I use the CD player quite frequently since I don't have an Ipod that is dedicated in the car always on and playing. The Ipod or Android phone provides way better music selectivity, but it is an extra couple of steps to get it going just for an 8 minute drive to work when there's only commercial or chatter playing on my favorite radio stations.

Capo, there is a aux input for the 2001+ G-class that is relatively simple to add on to the rear of the COMAND unit.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I'm not certain about the G Wagen, but generally, if a radio has an "auxiliary" input on the display when scrolling thru the source options, the audio system can be set up with an IPod as an input. Doing so might require splicing an iPod adapter into the radio wiring harness. Any experienced aftermarket stereo shop should be able to do it.

Yes, mine has an iPod cable(IIRC it was a factory accessory offered at some point), accessed thru Service Settings/AUX. Not the best build quality, the wires are like 30ga--just had to repair them yesterday actually as 2 of the 3 soldered wires had popped off the jack head, so I got a gold screw-type from Radio Shack and I have iPod again, woohoo!

McBride

Adventurer
Are you bringing O'erlandewagen to the expo? Are you going to take any of the classes? What is your preferred libation?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Are you bringing O'erlandewagen to the expo? Are you going to take any of the classes? What is your preferred libation?

Hey William,

Unfortunately my plans this year changed. Long story short my GF's landmark b-day is around that time so I can't drive the G there in time. Looking forward to next year, along with my friend Mike and his XV-JP-NW(http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/51254-EarthRoamer-XV-JP-quot-Northwest-Edition-quot )
Have fun, I look forward to the event pics!

-Jeremy

McBride

Adventurer
Hey William,

Unfortunately my plans this year changed. Long story short my GF's landmark b-day is around that time so I can't drive the G there in time. Looking forward to next year, along with my friend Mike and his XV-JP-NW(http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/51254-EarthRoamer-XV-JP-quot-Northwest-Edition-quot )
Have fun, I look forward to the event pics!

-Jeremy

Jeremy,

I'll try and get some good pics. It will be my first time and I'm sure all of the cool vehicles are overwhelming.

You mentioned G-wagen cornering on Mikes thread. Have you looked into the rear sway bar set up for your G? I have one and it keeps the vehicle very flat on corners. It works great on mine and with the lower CG of yours I'm sure it would be amazing. Just a thought...

William

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier