OEM spare tire fasteners (DZUS)

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Anybody bothered to track down these oem dzus plastic clip on fasteners for the factory hard plastic spare tire cover?

RCHill doesn't show them listed anymore, and the only place I can find them so far has a minimum purchase of 34 pieces.

DZUS fastener.jpg

I know...throw the thing away, mount some serious tires, including the larger spare and forget about it, but...

I guess if other folks need the fasteners, I could get into the distribution business for up to 32 pieces :sombrero:

Thanks in advance.
David

evomaki

Observer
Normal_Dave,

You need to bag the idea of these clips, and instead get back to finding more East Coast Montero gold on Craigslist for us. We hardly hear from you. You were on a role for awhile....then that stupid clip broke. :)

How nice is your ride if that's what it needs? Could McMaster Carr be of any help for a part like that?

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
Ha! The Montero search illness comes and goes, although it is a chronic condition.

Guess I'm occupied with putting off two upcoming timing belt jobs, and two complete transmission and gear oil changes. plus installing my OEM receiver hitch, shock changes, maybe springs, oh, and the upgraded companion shaft clips... You know this stuff isn't as 'fun' as it used to be in younger years!

Great idea on McMaster, forgot about them. They are pretty sneaky, they typically don't use the manufacturer part number in their number/description, so you have to go on a treasure hunt. I'll bet they've got it.

btw, anybody looked at this one yet? I remain optimistic about the condition of the engine:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/6040295923.html

here's your donor:
https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/6054859360.html

could not resist...

evomaki

Observer
Good deal! Mcmaster Carr is pretty amazing. My wife would kill me if I showed up with that Montero treasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94