Odyssey vs. Diehard Platinum

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Out of the grave with this thread. Here we go with another long term update! another five years have passed. Today I replaced my Diehard Platinum batteries in the Avalanche. They did still work, but are end of life for sure. Not dependable any longer and unable to perform to expectations. Date code 10/09 (13 years old) and date code 10/12 (10 years old) I am not disappointed at all. They lived an long leak free life and served me well. I am only sad that I could not replace them with the exact same batteries.
What did I replace them with? Odyssey extreme performance 34/78 PC1500DT https://odysseybatteries.com/odyssey/pc1500dt.html

Amazing! Thanks for sharing…

Sucks they aren’t made anymore

RandyP

Adventurer
Out of the grave with this thread. Here we go with another long term update! another five years have passed. Today I replaced my Diehard Platinum batteries in the Avalanche. They did still work, but are end of life for sure. Not dependable any longer and unable to perform to expectations. Date code 10/09 (13 years old) and date code 10/12 (10 years old) I am not disappointed at all. They lived an long leak free life and served me well. I am only sad that I could not replace them with the exact same batteries.
What did I replace them with? Odyssey extreme performance 34/78 PC1500DT https://odysseybatteries.com/odyssey/pc1500dt.html
I believe the Sears Platinum batteries were indeed the same battery, in sheep's clothing, as the Odyssey pc1500dt. I ran the Platinum's when Sears still sold them because they were about 100$ cheaper than the Odyssey battery with the same specs. In fact Sears warranty was better than the Odyssey warranty at the time. I finally used the Platinum's up and moved on to Odyssey's also. Still running that pair of them in the '05 Ford 6.0L SD truck. Good batteries for starting duty under the hood, where it is too hot for a LiFePO4 battery !

dmulk

I ordered mine through AutoZone and found that they list a 4 year warranty as standard now. Figured I would pull the trigger.

lathamb

Observer
I'll add to this. My 2014 vintage DHP 31M is still going strong in my 4Runner. I charge periodically with a good charger (pro-Mariner), and no signs of failure yet (knock on wood).

TwinStick

Explorer
Yes Sir. I have a Sears Die Hard Platinum 31m. Purchased in 2006 that is still in use. It's been in a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500, a 2008 Dodge Power Wagon & is now the aux battery in my 2019 ZR2 diesel. Not sure how much life is left in it. It's almost always hooked up to a trickle charger/maintainer. When I purchased it, $189.99 was a LOT of money for a 12v truck or marine battery. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles