ODIN RTT

Hello All,

I just got back from checking out an ODIN RTT in Castle Rock, Colorado. The tent is great and well thought out. The owner, Reuben, was fantastic at walking me through the details of his designs. I have no affiliation with this company. I just wanted to get the word out about a great product offered by a small local company (guy). If you are in the market, and close enough to check one out, give Reuben a call...your wallet will thank you!

http://odindesigns.com/

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/spo/5430800265.html

Regards,
John

Last edited:
Ask ODIN. I'm not affiliated with them so I don't their business model or base of manufacturing. I just posted my impressions of it after I went to check it out.

slvyj

Observer
I've been meaning to check them out. Did they offer a deal since you are local?

Last edited:
I didn't ask. I went there to just check them out. I called and set an appointment with Rueben and he talked about the features and details he put into the designs. He never once mentioned pricing or pressured in any way to purchase one. He does offer a discounted price on his Craigslist add, but this is speculation on my part, probably due to no shipping. His website prices include shipping in the pricing.

1Louder

Explorer
The guy lines look better than the cheap green ropes on the CVT. Easy to swap though. Sounds like the $200 upgrade that gets you a skylight, more metal parts, and the anti-condensation matt is a good deal. Maybe evolutionary and not revolutionary but competition is ALWAYS good.

There is another new company called 23Zerousa.com which sells a more ruggedized RTT. I saw one in person. Very nice. Metal connector vs plastic on the bars that support the tent. Also, the mattress is much better than in my CVT. It is nearly double the density, much more firm and you don't bottom out on the floor. So check them out as well.

http://www.23zerousa.com/ - Turtleback Trailers in Phoenix is selling them along with CVT so you can compare.

reuben

Supporting Sponsor
Odin Designs

Hey Guys,

This is Reuben, owner of Odin. Yes, these tents are made in China, the same manufacturer as Tepui, Treeline and previously CVT. What features and details have I put into these tents? Nothing revolutionary yet, just used the best choices available. The old tigerz11 tent that I was using while traveling around Australia had some major design flaws and wasn't the easiest to put away and the whole time I was using it, I kept telling myself how I could make it better. Coming back to the states I tracked down the manufacturer and discovered that most of the issues were already corrected. So for the first couple tents I just went with the best options, skylights, telescoping ladders, ykk zippers ect. Not having the capital I can't make any of drastic changes I would like to make just yet, remote led lighting, some ************ camo, annex capable of holding a stove, reduced profile ect. So I am doing what I can with what I have. I have no idea why it took another tent company this long to put an led light and usb port in a tent, my old tigerz11 had had a couple led strips and cigarette usb charger all powered by some speaker wire (i was on a pretty tight budget).

So right now as I work on my prototypes, I am forced into the whole "same tent, different name" to raise the money needed. Which isn't so bad for consumers because like 1Louder said
competition is ALWAYS good.
and you get free shipping. As for deals "ask and ye shall receive." ;)

TRUBRIT

Well said. Competition is good. Nice to see more offerings than just the big name brands. I am in the market for an RTT and will be checking yours against those of Tepui. All the best with your venture.

TRUBRIT

Just checked out your Series 2, 3 person which looks to be comparable to the Tepui Autana Sky. Surprised to see you are asking $1,995 compared to $1,800 for the Tepui which is a proven brand. Please advise why you think your new product justifies a higher price?

CO06TaCO

Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I've been a long time lurker of EP and figured I'd chime in since I'm an excited new owner of an Odin RTT. I just picked up my tent last night from Reuben and am so excited to start using it I even opened it up quickly at IKEA on my way home to show the girlfriend! ;) (Annex not attached as pictured)
w2VGDsr.jpg
It's a Type E Series II and thus far it's got every bit of functionality and durability I could hope for. And the best part, I got to deal directly with the owner, picked my tent up right in central Colorado, and even got to see and touch his tents before pulling the trigger. Sure, on the surface they are very similar to the competition but these tents come with a lifetime warranty and free shipping if you're outside of CO and Reuben is great to deal with as the OP mentioned.

I'll be camping this weekend and can't wait to show off this tent and use it! I've seriously wanted a RTT for years now and based on my experience thus far I am very happy a RTT company opened right in my back yard!

I'll be happy to keep you all updated as I use the tent and post more detailed pictures!

Last edited:

reuben

Supporting Sponsor
Just checked out your Series 2, 3 person which looks to be comparable to the Tepui Autana Sky. Surprised to see you are asking $1,995 compared to $1,800 for the Tepui which is a proven brand. Please advise why you think your new product justifies a higher price?

Hey Trubrit,

They are very similar, but mine come with the following standard: free shipping, lifetime warranty, extendable annex and an anti-condensation mat. Plus the little things of shoe pockets, alloy connectors, clasps that will allow you to fully open the side windows.

Tepui's Autana Sky- $1800
Anti-Condensation - $95
Shipping - $150
Annex Extension - $65
Total= $2110

Odin Type E 3Person Series II - $1995
Buying from an awesome company- Priceless ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles