Odin Designs

Expedition Portal would like to thank Reuben and Odin Designs for supporting our online community as a Forum Sponsor!

Odin Designs, located in Colorado, offers their own line of Roof Top Tents.
Here's a bit more information about them!

Copy of GOPR1341.jpg
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Odin Designs is determined to bring something new to the RTT market.

Copy of 2016_2_BBP_Gear_Shoot_521_V2_LOWRES.jpg
Having used a roof top tent for 6 consecutive months while traveling the east coast of Australia means that we know the shortcomings that RTTs face and our mission is to get rid of those and change the way that you view tent camping.

Copy of Enlight1.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.24.08 PM.jpg
By listening to customers wants and needs we are determined to use our innovations and customer service to gain not only your loyalty but friendship.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.26.19 PM.jpg
By offering Free Shipping and a limited Lifetime Warranty we hope to ease the stress of buying and owning a RTT.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.27.44 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.27.32 PM.jpg
To balance strength and durability with lightweight and ease of use, our tents are made of 260g ripstop poly cotton canvas. Combine that with aluminum telescoping ladders, skylights and an ever growing list of other upgrades and you can see why many are choosing Odin Designs.

Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 4.34.25 PM.jpg

Last edited:

reuben

Supporting Sponsor
What is up guys!?!

Hello everyone!! sorry for my absence. Combinations of vacation and working on new ideas has left me very little time to peruse the forum and I had missed these questions.

As for shortcomings the tent I had while traveling around OZ was an old Tigerz11 and had a weird design where the actual front panel of the tent wasn't stitched to the roof. This did allow for a bit more air flow but anyone who has traveled up by Cape Trib knows that some of those critters get a bit too big for comfort and I work up one night staring at a ridiculously large locust looking thing with antennae that were a good foot long.

Also for some reason the cover seemed to be way undersized for the tent and it was always a 4 person ********** of a job to get it back on, and the whole thing was a leaky mess.

As for the annex, all new models come with one that is extendable and reaches 82.5"

Right now many of the RTTs out there are very similar but the goal here at Odin Designs is to always get better, never stop forward progression. I don't know how many of you are planning on making it out to expo east but we will be showing off a couple of those changes and improvements.;)

End goal is a cheap RTT that one person can take on and off with ease and won't destroy your MPG.

If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a message or better yet email as that is definitely the quickest way I respond.

BOPOH

Explorer
sorry for newb question, but what is the difference between E and S tents? (besides the price)

reuben

Supporting Sponsor
Difference

sorry for newb question, but what is the difference between E and S tents? (besides the price)

The difference between the two is the E comes with an adjustable annex and removable floor, and the actual body of the tent has a 3ft extension for more living space when the annex is on. (the bed size is the same for 3person Type E vs 3person Type S....)

I hope that helps.

Counter Pull

I am in the process of purchasing the 4 person type S. Met with Reuben had my kids in one of the tents and inspected the whole thing. The tent looks really well put together and very solid. Great prices for when you considers the included items (i.e. condensation pad), great warranty and love supporting a local small business. Good to see more folks in the RTT business pushing the designs forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior