Oct. weight loss challenge

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well I have not been as strict as I needed to be this month. I have not eaten as well as I should have and to make maters worse my bike was down for 4 days and I had to go out of town to a 4 day event which only afforded me one day to get out and ride the bike.

Despite all that however I have dropped a shirt size and pant size this month and as of friday (weekly weigh in day) I am officially under the 250 marker! This has been my nemesis. Wieghing in @ 248lbs was a big morale booster. I have decided that I am switching up the routine a bit. Bike 20+ miles mon wed & fri then hit the gym Tues thurs sat for light cardio and wieght trining the upper body.

My New goal is to break 240 by thanksgiving so I can pack on 10 lbs thanksgiving day and not be above 250 again LOL! No seriously under 240 before thanksgiving and I will be happy.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Looks like it's time to start a new month... I'll try to generate a Nov. thread later today. In the mean time, Post up your Oct. successes, so we can give out the 'biggest looser' trophy.

Maybe we should post up progress-to-date, as well?

jim65wagon

HAHA! I ended the month weighing more than I started with! Not much more but still more! I'm thinking with the holidays I'll be lucky to maintain my current weight. No stress though, still going to the Y every weeknight, just not stressing when a delicious opportunity presents itself!

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Sorry guys, the last couple of weeks have been a heck of a month for me, and it won't let up 'til the end of the year.

I'll try to get some time soon to review this thread and determine the winner.

Probably hold off 'til Jan. to start a new monthly challenge.

gearguywb

Explorer
I need to get in on this. I am an avid cyclist and my goal this year is to do the Assault on Mt Mitchell(again) and hopefully get drawn for the Leadville 100. I climb ok for a big guy but suffer like a dog doing it so the weight needs to come down!

Nov Starting Weight (optional for the ladies ): 224

Goal for the month: 219

Overall goal: 199

Day of weekly weigh-in and progress report: Wednesday

Plan of Attack, Diet: Continue to watch what I eat but need to cut down quantities.

Plan of Attack, Exercise: Riding the trainer 2x week, mountain bike on Saturday and road ride Sunday.

Biggest Challenge: I like to eat!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online