obtaining factory dealer service records on your Montero

normal_dave

waytoomuchwritinginposts.
I mentioned this in a previous post, but wanted to detail it here. You can get your dealer service history report including recalls (open/closed) for free from Mitsubishi, yes even the older models. It won't show every part, but you'll get a good overview of service items, dates, and mileage. Combine this with a Carfax report, and you should be good to go.

You'll need to create a customer account, then enter the VIN, and you'll get access to your original build sheet/options list, service history, printout your own maintenance schedule, etc. You'll probably get some emails from Mitsubishi, but I've only received the account confirmation so far. I was surprised to discover it was that easy.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/login

Offroadmuch

Explorer
I did this when I got mine in March 2016. It did show a record of some work. I found out later that it depends on the dealer you go to. Some of the entries were very vague. I also found out later that one dealer I went to did not make any entries at all after I had some work done. So for me I think that Mitsubishi is missing a valuable oppurtunity to help customers with their vehicles. With all this being said I was unable to tell if the timing belt has ever been changed. It is a good system if it is used. Maybe check to see that your dealership is making entries on work history.

DeltaFry

Observer
I did the same for the one I bought 2 months back. It has partial info( doesn't tell me the enough about milestone part updates) and after I went to 2 mechanics ( trying to find a good Monty mechanic) no entries updated. Guess only some shops do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne

Members online