Obi graveler xt

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Looks like the Opus importers are spinning off another LLC and doing lower content trailers ie cheaper price point?

gendlert

I own one, too. Very nicely built, but as you pointed out, still takes a bit to set up. Once set up, it's fantastic. And it's the nicest towing trailer I've pulled. Because of that, I've also got the big brother the Dweller now. Just took it on the shake-down trip to the Grand Canyon North Rim for a week. It was awesome.

gendlert

We have taken about 10 trips in the Graveler XT so far this year and got the setup without the awning down to about 20 mins (not including making the bed). A couple suggestions:
  • I found that actually using the winches to open and close the lid was well worth the extra 5 mins of set up to unwind them. Just one less way to hurt my back doing something dumb.
  • Leave the 8 poles you need inside the tent separate in the pole boot storage rather than in the bag. Cuts 5 mins of finding those out of all of the poles.
  • Once you get the tent set up just perfect and the walls sit square, use a sharpie and mark all the poles with how far they're extended, and which one goes where. That'll cut another 5 mins out of adjustments every time.
  • We also found that the awning takes another 25-30 mins to set up, and we haven't figured out how to make that much faster, but the amount of shade that thing provides has been worth it for every trip we took
  • Get a step stool from Costco to help reach the velcro at the top
  • And if you set the awning up, GUY THAT THING DOWN!!! It's a HUGE sail, and when you park on a ridge, light winds WILL lift it up and fold it over your trailer and damage a few poles. Ask me how I know this. That was a sad day for us. I thought about posting the pic of that here, but don't need to face the forum ridicule. :rolleyes:
  • The Dometic CFX75DZ is a nice fit in the fridge slide. Worth saving up for that upgrade.
  • It doesn't come with a jack but I can tell you that a 48" or 60" Hi-Lift fits PERFECTLY across the rack crossbars. See that pic below.

The trailer kicks much ass, and you'll love it. Don't get frustrated with the set-up. It gets easier. Reach out if you have questions; I'm happy to talk about it all day long.PXL_20210328_232443672.jpgPXL_20210328_012343024.jpgPXL_20210716_212533734.jpgPXL_20210522_175158942.jpgPXL_20210328_154023918.MP.jpgPXL_20210611_222735348.MP.jpg

gendlert

Looks like the Opus importers are spinning off another LLC and doing lower content trailers ie cheaper price point?
New brand, new owner, but common parts for sure. OBI is the same company that also makes Conqueror.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

gendlert

So we don't have kids. I ditched the cushions from the slide section (the two bigger ones on the back) and put them in a closet in the house. We never needed them and just threw our duffle bags over the back of the couch in there. That made more room in the cabin area when it's closed up in tow mode. We stored the annex right on the floor inside the door. Just don't forget to put it in before you close up. That's a mistake you'll only make once since the door doesn't open once it's folded up. We've made all the mistakes at least once.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gendlert

There are built-in quick connections at the back end of the trailer (rear right side, if I recall) to add an in-line water heater (like a Joolca or similar). The blue line is cold out, and the red line is hot in. I never ran the water heater back into the trailer, only used the cold out to the Joolca, which had its own nicer shower than the one built into the trailer. Never had hot water on the sink either, but it could be done pretty easily if that's what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles