NYC Defender, diamond in the rough

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Guys,

While we were up in NYC this past weekend, Main Line Overland's Dan Etheridge snapped a few cool photos of a Defender he spotted. I think a good title for this photo would be "Diamond in the Rough", enjoy!:sombrero:

NYC rover 2.jpg

NYC rover.jpg

Daryl

Adventurer
I have never seen cars stacked like that. What's the deal with the stacked cars?

That's how much land is worth in Manhattan, as well as how expensive it is to park your car: it's cheaper to buy those things than to lease more land for your parking lot.

It's basically the definition of what happens when too many people want to be in the same place at the same time and are too special to use public transportation.

maxingout

Adventurer
That's how much land is worth in Manhattan, as well as how expensive it is to park your car: it's cheaper to buy those things than to lease more land for your parking lot.

It's basically the definition of what happens when too many people want to be in the same place at the same time and are too special to use public transportation.

How do the cars get up and down from their "parked positions"? Forklifts?

maxingout

Adventurer
I just went to You Tube and searched for vertical parking lots, and sure enough, there are vertical parking lots in NYC. I have never seen one before. The world is getting a bit weird.

rijosho

Adventurer
Where was that taken? Midtown I'm assuming, or right outside the Holland or Lincoln. There are I believe at least 10 Defenders I know of within about 14 blocks from my place. This one not included. I live in the West Village, NYC and don't believe I've seen that one around before. I love how much higher the car above it had to be stacked. I always check "the stacks" hoping to see a Defender up in one - never had any luck though. Sweet shot!

Here's a shot from one of our more recent Defender meet-ups. Mine is the black one up front.

Hey Guys,

While we were up in NYC this past weekend, Main Line Overland's Dan Etheridge snapped a few cool photos of a Defender he spotted. I think a good title for this photo would be "Diamond in the Rough", enjoy!:sombrero:

View attachment 108576

View attachment 108575

Attachments

• Defenders NYC meetup.jpg
    Defenders NYC meetup.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 21

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Where was that taken? Midtown I'm assuming, or right outside the Holland or Lincoln. There are I believe at least 10 Defenders I know of within about 14 blocks from my place. This one not included. I live in the West Village, NYC and don't believe I've seen that one around before. I love how much higher the car above it had to be stacked. I always check "the stacks" hoping to see a Defender up in one - never had any luck though. Sweet shot!

Here's a shot from one of our more recent Defender meet-ups. Mine is the black one up front.

It was spotted about a block away from the B&H Photo Video Pro Audio store in NYC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles