NV PASSENGER VAN (we can only hope they make it 4x4)

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I've seen a couple of the NV vans on the road. If Nissan comes out with the NV passenger van in 4WD it would make it popular with the expo crowd. Then Mercedes North America would go, oh, we need to import the 4WD version of the Sprinter now to compete with Nissan.

cwsqbm

Explorer
I've seen a couple of the NV vans on the road. If Nissan comes out with the NV passenger van in 4WD it would make it popular with the expo crowd. Then Mercedes North America would go, oh, we need to import the 4WD version of the Sprinter now to compete with Nissan.

It'd be nice if Nissan did, but at least it looks like Quigley will have a conversion ready Q2 2012.

cwsqbm

Explorer
Just looked at the Quigley site today, and it looks like they're in production now. Pricing is $10,895. IFS, no increase in ride height, single-speed manual transfer case. Available only on the V-8 models.
quigley nissan 4x4.jpg nissan nv 4x4.JPG

Last edited:

skibum315

Explorer
So these use the VK56 motor out of the Titan right? Are they also built on the same F-Alpha platform? Sounds like if they're keeping it IFS, maybe they're just putting the Titan front diff in (to me, but I haven't done the research ... probably should ... ;)) ... but the t-case out of that platform is a traditional 2hi/4hi/4lo t-case, so maybe it's a whole other solution that Quigly came up with.

If the van *is* on the F-Alpha platform, then it likely shares a whole lot of drive line elements with the Titan/Armada/QX56/Xterra/Pathfinder/Frontier ('04 or '05 to present, depending in model) and that opens up some good options for a more rugged/built 4x4 conversion if someone were willing to undertake a bit of fabrication.

ETA: ... and not that anyone else particularly cares, but I'm inclined to agree with toolman's comment on the other thread. These NVs are particularly but-tugly, at least to my eye ... I especially wish they were more cab-forward and less pug nosed (that grill is really something).

Last edited:

Toolman

Explorer
dogcar.jpg

haven

Expedition Leader
Dig the pop-outs on the vehicle above. They allow enough room for adults to sleep sideways in the vehicle, leaving extra space for other activities.

The vehicle was built by Outside Van in Oregon (why are so many van conversion companies located in Oregon?) http://www.outsidevan.com/kodiak.php

DAV!D

Adventurer
Nissan was extremely stupid, for not offering a diesel in the NV vans. My day dream idea, is a 4wd NV powered by a 6bt if it would fit in that long nose..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles