NPS300_TRUK camper progress

macca4802

Some pictures of my pop top sleeve fitted. Installation was a lot easier than I imagined. Opted for the insulated vinyl and flyscreens and clears in the windows. Very happy with the outcome.

Attachments

• B9D755A0-8872-497A-8C0C-30043DD8FCFD.jpeg
    B9D755A0-8872-497A-8C0C-30043DD8FCFD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 69B0EEF3-1108-4338-BF43-E1DC2950B308.jpeg
    69B0EEF3-1108-4338-BF43-E1DC2950B308.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
  • E66F7E84-1C43-4979-B6A4-BF274E3E0A80.jpeg
    E66F7E84-1C43-4979-B6A4-BF274E3E0A80.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • D7636CE9-F580-4FB7-816F-CBD5F43E3E5A.jpeg
    D7636CE9-F580-4FB7-816F-CBD5F43E3E5A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86

Desert Lovers

Some pictures of my pop top sleeve fitted. Installation was a lot easier than I imagined. Opted for the insulated vinyl and flyscreens and clears in the windows. Very happy with the outcome.
Awesome job looks fantastic i hope to do something simular soon

macca4802

Quick update on progress.. Rego was due so decided to see if I could get it Registered as a Mobile Home with the hope of Rego and Insurance being cheaper. I had mod plates for the extra seating however Transport and Main Roads wanted a mod plate for the crawl thru (because I modified the cabin) and the 'fitting of a body'. Had it inspected and plated and she's now a Mobile home. Rego halved and insurance up a bit. Worth the time.

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hi Macca,
Your truck looks good. Very nice lines.
One thing I found with mine (its also a pop top with scissor lift and electric rams) is that the metal surround around the roof that captures the vynal material sides tends to get very hot in hot conditions and I've had ice forming on it (and then condensing) in very cold conditions. It acts as a conductor. I have yet to come up with a solution other than avoid cold areas and run the air con in hot places!
Regarding solar panels, I'm not fully convinced the slimline ones are good yet, I'm a fan of the older ones that are mounted raised a little to let air underneath to aid in cooling them. Of course technology moves on so maybe they are better now. With the electric rams, I lift a bloody big roof which has 4 x 130 watt panels and an air con on it and it has no problems doing this at all.

macca4802

Hi Macca,
Your truck looks good. Very nice lines.
One thing I found with mine (its also a pop top with scissor lift and electric rams) is that the metal surround around the roof that captures the vynal material sides tends to get very hot in hot conditions and I've had ice forming on it (and then condensing) in very cold conditions. It acts as a conductor. I have yet to come up with a solution other than avoid cold areas and run the air con in hot places!
Regarding solar panels, I'm not fully convinced the slimline ones are good yet, I'm a fan of the older ones that are mounted raised a little to let air underneath to aid in cooling them. Of course technology moves on so maybe they are better now. With the electric rams, I lift a bloody big roof which has 4 x 130 watt panels and an air con on it and it has no problems doing this at all.
Hi Karl of Oz, Interesting about the roof surround. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
As for solar panels, I think I'm going to get a portable blanket one to start with. I figure if I've got the truck parked under a tree to get some shade, a panel on the roof's not really the best place for it. I want to use the camper a few times and see how much power I'm using and if I think I need something on the roof I can add it later. Had a look at your unit. Very nice. The bed over the cabin would give you lots of space inside. Cheers, Macca.

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hi Macca,
Yeah heaps of room and a bloody big bed!
I have two 210 A/h Full River AGM batteries in parallel so technically 420 A/h (which is really about 250 ~ 280 A/h available I guess). With that I run a National Luna 67 litre freezer at -23, an Isotherm 85 litre upright fridge, and when on a big trip an Autofridge eutectic 39 litre sits in the back of the cab. I also run the usual lights inside and outside, and the SAT TV system and wait for it....a sleep apnoea machine too.

I've never run put of power, and have been camped for about 4 days without using mains but in the hot climate where we go fishing I get power just to be sure (and its available but not for a full day). According to the instrument panel it gets down to about 65% capacity at worse after a night, but usually about 70 ~ 75%. With a bit of sun, its usually back to full charge well before midday. Hope this gives you confidence. Lithium will be even better....

If you are looking for a very good fridge, check out OZE Fridge's portable 80 litre. https://www.ozefridge.com/oze80-fridge-freezer-1
Its not cheap but you get what you pay for. I am an advocate of the old Autofridges but they aren't made anymore and the guy who bought the business has done nothing for the past 5 years to make them despite a lit of people wanting them (I've got 3 or 4 of them).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94