NPS300 Wiring Diagram

macca4802

Geday.

My first post here after looking around for a while now.
Bought myself a new 2016 NPS300 cab chassis and building a camper for the back.
I'm wanting to put a switch on the dash to swap between 2 fuel tanks so I need a power supply to the switch.

There are a few unused plugs floating about behind the dash I'd like to ID. I may be able to use one of them.

Does anyone have or know where to get a circuit diagram for this model?

Cheers,

Macca.

Bris31

Adventurer
Sorry can't help with NPS electricals but welcome you to the forum.
I am sure there are people here who would be able to help you, it is just matter of time.
Cheers

NTSteve

Hi Macca, welcome to the journey.

I have a 2015 NPS, you need to ask your dealer for a copy of the Body Builders Guide, it has heaps of info you will need for your build including electrical schematics.

Isuzu engineering are great too, just email them questions, details are on the main web site. They can email you the guide as well.

What tank, sender, changeover valve are you using?

Cheers Steve

macca4802

Hi Steve,
I put a second OEM 140L tank on passenger side with a 'Pollak' Fuel Selector Valve.
A second tank gauge isn't required as the switch handles all that.
All pretty easy to pipe up and wire up. If I can't find a spare +ve behind the dash i might run another supply up from battery.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Much appreciated.
Macca.

Bris31

Adventurer
macca4802;2170153 If I can't find a spare +ve behind the dash i might run another supply up from battery... [/QUOTE said:
That's what exactly I did for connecting USB sockets, UHF radio, reverse camera. I put a main fuse near the battery and then the individual fuses for each connection.

macca4802

Hi Bris31. Great idea. think I'll do the same. Did you just run 12v from one battery? or 24v from both?
Cheers. Macca.

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Not good practice to just run 12v from one battery (24V SYSTEM) unless you are using a battery balancer between them as you will wreck a the battery. You could use a 24v to 12v converter.

Dan.

steve66

Observer
Agreed that using a dedicated 12v source is best practise, however in reality these valves only draw power for a fraction of a sec while switching over, then nothing, so using 12v from a centre tap is hardly going to put your starter bank out of balance in this case.

One question if I may, where are people placing the valve, before or after the fuel filters?

Cheers Steve

Last edited:

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Agreed that using a dedicated 12v source is best practise, however in reality these valves only draw power for a fraction of a sec while switching over, then nothing, so using 12v from a centre tap is hardly going to put your starter bank out of balance in this case.

One question if I may, where are people placing the valve, before or after the fuel filters?

Cheers Steve

with my valve it was a warranty requirement that you use pre filters for both pick ups so I just fitted in-line disposable units. my valve is fitted in front of the first tank and at about tank height which means the fuel lines are only short and easy to get to.

NTSteve

Thanks again, I had wanted to fit it near the tanks but the instructions where suggesting after the OEM
Filter, your method sounds perfect

cheers Steve

macca4802

Decided to run 24v (50A) up to dash so I can run other stuff off it later as suggested by someone here.

The Pollak fuel valve goes before the primary filter however the manufacturer suggests an inline filter (one each tank) before the Pollak valve to protect the valve. I'm just putting one on each tank about 500mm from tank so I can check it easy.

Cheers Macca.

NTSteve

Thanks, I will have to give it some thought as I'm planning a long skinny custom tank that will be hidden by an outboard locker, should be doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles