NPR 4wd conversion and camper build thread.

javajoe79

Fabricator
Have you had any issues with this setup? I've been thinking of the same for stability/strength of the subframe and thus the box. It seems to hardly ever done though... why?
Admittedly I have minimal time with it so far as the build isn’t complete but I’m not sure I understand your question. Did you mean it seems like nobody does it that way? My goal has always been to keep the overall height to a minimum and to have at least 37” tires. Also the width of my box is 84” because I wanted a queen size bed and I wanted it sideways in the box for packaging so perhaps I’m wider than most?

Admittedly I have minimal time with it so far as the build isn’t complete but I’m not sure I understand your question. Did you mean it seems like nobody does it that way? My goal has always been to keep the overall height to a minimum and to have at least 37” tires. Also the width of my box is 84” because I wanted a queen size bed and I wanted it sideways in the box for packaging so perhaps I’m wider than most?

Yes, perhaps overall width is the caveat for most builds/builders. I have a narrow-body Hino/Toyota and am squeezing an East-West full width bed into it... but I'm barely 69" tall so we're only ending up with an outside dimension of 76.5". This does however leave me the opportunity to enclose the wheel wheel and still fit 13.5" wide tires down the road. Things to ponder; thanks for responding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94