Now we know the cargo rating of the 2016 Tacoma

haven

Expedition Leader
Motor Trend says the curb weight of a Double Cab V6 Automatic 4x4 is 4,480 lb. GVWR is 5,600 lb. So the cargo capacity is (5600-4480) = 1,120 lb.

I saw these numbers down near the bottom of this page
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/1508-2016-toyota-tacoma/

Searching the web, I found this cargo capacity number confirmed by several other websites.

Toyota says the 5600 lb GVWR is the same for all models (in other words, the suspension and brakes are the same for all Tacomas). So if your truck curb weight is lighter (Access Cab, 2WD, I4, for example) then the cargo capacity will be higher.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I have a DCSB Tacoma and the above strikes me as kind of funny. I could put the entire Taco in the bed of my "real" truck and still have 700 lbs of cargo left.

haven

Expedition Leader
The factory specs for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 with V6, automatic, and short bed are a curb weight of 4380 lb, and gvwr of 6000 lb. So the payload is 1,620 lb.

That's 500 lbs more than the Tacoma, useful if you're planning to lug a camper around.

Clutch

<---Pass
The factory specs for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 with V6, automatic, and short bed are a curb weight of 4380 lb, and gvwr of 6000 lb. So the payload is 1,620 lb.

That's 500 lbs more than the Tacoma, useful if you're planning to lug a camper around.

And when the diesel comes out with 369 ft/lbs of torque... will yank it around quite nicely, while pulling decent mpgs, guessing at least 30.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Then why aren't there drums in front too?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

I am putting together a disc to drum conversion kit for my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee....I figured since I do not tow a lot and I off-road I should see a considerable improvement in my braking performance...

moonshiner

Observer
Toyota has been using rear drum brakes since the beginning of time and they obvious don't work well in the field at all. That's the reason why there are more Colorados being used for overlanding than Tacomas. They even have their own sub-forum on Expedition Portal. And also why used Colorados are worth more than used Tacomas.

Seriously, If you guys don't like drum brakes, then don't buy it. Go buy the Colorado or Ridgeline. That's the best way to get your voice heard by Toyota.

Last edited:

CYK

Adventurer
Toyota has been using rear drum brakes since the beginning of time and they obvious don't work well in the field at all. That's the reason why there are more Colorados being used for overlanding than Tacomas. They even have their own sub-forum on Expedition Portal. And also why used Colorados are worth more than used Tacomas.

Seriously, If you guys don't like drum brakes, then don't buy it. Go buy the Colorado or Ridgeline. That's the best way to get your voice heard by Toyota.

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSF556

SE Expedition Society

Lighten up..you Toyota guys are some high strung fellows..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Lighten up..you Toyota guys are some high strung fellows..

When Toyota guys troll jeep posts, you all get your panties in a bunch.

The following is a signature.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Yea but at least we understand the concept of a profile signature....

jonesw3

Adventurer

Do you have any proof to back any of this up? I find it hard to believe that there are more colorados overlanding than tacomas. And I have yet to see a used Colorado go for more than a similarly equipped Tacoma.

I'm not saying you are, I just find it hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Yea but at least we understand the concept of a profile signature....

Hmmm looks like you use the signature feature just as I do
"Sent form my iPad using tapatalk" ;)

The following is a signature.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles