now this interesting, Lifetime Products 55 QUART HIGH PERFORMANCE COOLER

Justgosurfin

I’m very grateful ?.

As a retired librarian, she appreciated your cooler pun when I told her she was expo famous just now.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
My Lifetime cooler just got delivered..... this thing is sturdy!
I have vintage Colemans..... Coleman Extremes..... some others..... I had a couple Yetis but got rid of them a while back.....
I was looking for another premium cooler that could be used as a step stool..... this one can..... and would keep ice icy for a decent amount of time.....

I'm very pleased..... it feels about as heavy as a Yeti..... has the Grizzly Bear sticker on it..... I can stand on it (205#) without collapsing the lid.....
Of course..... I haven't had a chance to use it in the last 3 hours...... but I figure it will perform as well or probably better than a Coleman Extreme..... with better durability.....

Lid gasket..... good latches..... can be locked..... flat floor so beers don't fall over when loading..... large drain on the left side..... (I prefer the drain on the left for some strange reason)..... stainless steel rod for a hinge..... sturdy..... heavy.....

$105 total delivered from Walmart.com..... $97 plus sales tax..... free shipping.....
27" wide..... 17-5/8" deep..... 17-1/4" tall.....

Some photos.....

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Evidently this cooler has had some problems with lid warpage, seals, and gaskets. Lifetime is making updates that will take effect April 2019. They should have other sizes then as well.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Evidently this cooler has had some problems with lid warpage, seals, and gaskets. Lifetime is making updates that will take effect April 2019. They should have other sizes then as well.

There will be additional colors as well as mentioned earlier, it will be a nice change to have white instead of gray.

tdferrero

Does anyone have any long-term reviews of the cooler? A new one popped up locally on FB Marketplace for a good price.

reaver

Does anyone have any long-term reviews of the cooler? A new one popped up locally on FB Marketplace for a good price.

I bought mine in mid September of last year, but have only used it once. They're $100 brand new, so if the price is good, what do you have to lose?

BTCSXJ

Yes!

I have had this cooler for just over a year. The first trip I took it on was 6 days in Death Valley in March 2019. I did not need ice for the entire trip. Anyone who compares this negatively to their yeti/pelican/etc. is really splitting hairs. I know this because several people on my trips have these other brand coolers and the difference in remaining ice was neglible.

My favorite way to use this cooler is to take a 24 pack of bottled water and freeze them all the day before the trip. Then the night before I will take my entire Ice Maker from the freezer and dump it into the cooler to pre-chill it. The morning of, I wake up, dump the ice and then load all of my food with the frozen water bottles. This way, all of my food stays nice and dry and by the 3-4th day I can start drinking the water bottles. I have done 5-6 extended length trips (over 60 days camping last year) this way and I always return home with cold food that goes back in the fridge.

Objectively, there is nothing different about this cooler than any of the $4-500 versions. It's rotomolded. It's like comparing brands of cast aluminum wheels. They're all the same manufacturing process. Barring any serious design flaws, they will all perform the same. If you're on the fence, buy it.

Last edited:

BTCSXJ

Would also like to comment on this while I am here...

I read this comment last year before I bought mine (Feb-Mar 2019) and I have had no issues with this whatsoever. Perhaps mine was already one of the updates?

I store my cooler in a metal shed on the side of the house (Chandler, AZ) that likely reached summer temps in excess of 120F last summer... still looks and works great.

tdferrero

Yes!

I have had this cooler for just over a year. The first trip I took it on was 6 days in Death Valley in March 2019. I did not need ice for the entire trip. Anyone who compares this negatively to their yeti/pelican/etc. is really splitting hairs. I know this because several people on my trips have these other brand coolers and the difference in remaining ice was neglible.

My favorite way to use this cooler is to take a 24 pack of bottled water and freeze them all the day before the trip. Then the night before I will take my entire Ice Maker from the freezer and dump it into the cooler to pre-chill it. The morning of, I wake up, dump the ice and then load all of my food with the frozen water bottles. This way, all of my food stays nice and dry and by the 3-4th day I can start drinking the water bottles. I have done 5-6 extended length trips (over 60 days camping last year) this way and I always return home with cold food that goes back in the fridge.

Objectively, there is nothing different about this cooler than any of the $4-500 versions. It's rotomolded. It's like comparing brands of cast aluminum wheels. They're all the same manufacturing process. Barring any serious design flaws, they will all perform the same. If you're on the fence, buy it.
Thanks for the response. For the record, it isn't rotomolded, but instead blow molded and foam filled. Similar methods, but not quite the same. As it is, the one I found sold in a matter of hours, but I still might go to Walmart :sick: and check one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke