Nother One

sidewys xj

Observer
Ok guys got my inverter hard wired when I was reading the manual it says if you dont use the rig for more than a day you should unhook the inverter it says even when the thing is not on it still uses .01 amps or 0.1 amps that is very small amount so my rig is parked most of the week The inverter is wired tightly so it is a pain to unhook it right now I have the fuse out but that is a pain to so what do you guys do or is it even worth it Thanks for your time

Luke

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
I have a switch panel on order and will also hardwire in my inverter. I plan to have a switch/relay inline so i can shut off power to it when not in use.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
It will drain the battery eventually. It's probably roughly equivalent to something like an alarm, but nothing like leaving your lights on. Depending on how long it sits, you probably should consider putting it on a switch or relay to turn it off completely.

slooowr6

Explorer
Like Dave said, it'll drain your battery eventually. My inverter has a switch on it so I just turn it off when not using it. If your inverter does not have a switch you have to put in a relay or get a inverter with switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior