Not very many Grand Cherokee WK's??

dusty122

Adventurer
Heres mine
15838569642_6bf201e4a2_k_d.jpg

17103959978_be3f4dd2c2_k_d.jpg

ReconZJ

Observer
dusty122: welcome to the green jeep club! Looks great, and I luv the teardrop.

So here's my ZJ at Grand Slam West 2010 on Pritchett Canyon Trail, Moab. Bought it new in December of '96, and it's been an ongoing mod fest since:

standard.jpg

And for you diesel fans on here, at the end of January 2014, I flew to Houston and received delivery of my '14 WK2 Summit 3.0 Diesel (through a group buy on another forum); drove it back the 1500 miles to SoCal.:

standard.jpg

Installed the factory skid plates and tow hooks (courtesy of a couple of helpful threads on JeepGarage), since you can't order them on a Summit,. Also, replaced the stock 20" chrome wheels and rubber bands for a set of (5) 18" Mopar Accessory Catalog wheels and GY Duratracs. Have a 10lb. CO2 tank in this one for OBA, and a Cobra WSXT w/mag mount antenna.

In June, I had to break it in by taking it to GSW '14 - after all, it's a Jeep. Stuck to the mild to moderate trails, but was a blast and I'm convinced it will fill the needs for which I bought it, which is p/t daily driver, extended road trips and off-road camping excursions around the SW (fuel mileage over my ZJ :Wow1:) and mild-moderate trails. :

standard.jpg

Love this vehicle - the diesel is a killer power plant, and with all the comfort features, it's really nice on long distance trips. That's not to say that I don't like the ZJ now that I have the WK2 - the ZJ is a brute - pretty much unstoppable on the trails, but the highway driving experience is somewhat compromised from when it was stock, although is still comfortable cruising from SoCal to Moab and back (no, it's not a trailer queen yet).

I think it's the best of both worlds!

echo7tango

Road tripping, overlanding
Gary, I'm loving the fuel economy in my WK2 diesel too. Long distance highway comfort, and decent enough trail abilities keeping it pretty stock. I recently drove 550 miles nonstop, Las Vegas to San Francisco, and it is a comfortable ride.

dusty122

Adventurer
a buddy of mine built the roof rack. I like the look but its heavy as hell so I may end up swapping it out one day.

Terex

Adventurer
Love this vehicle - the diesel is a killer power plant, and with all the comfort features, it's really nice on long distance trips. That's not to say that I don't like the ZJ now that I have the WK2 - the ZJ is a brute - pretty much unstoppable on the trails, but the highway driving experience is somewhat compromised from when it was stock, although is still comfortable cruising from SoCal to Moab and back (no, it's not a trailer queen yet).

I think it's the best of both worlds!

Pretty much the same reason we bought a '14 Overland Diesel with ORII. It's my wife's daily driver and we will be using it to pull our VMI Offroad trailer all over the west. We live in northern NM and when we go north, west or east we have 10,000 ft. passes to cross. I've got a '12 Wrangler Rubicon and several tents if I want to go some place with terrain the Overland can't handle.

board350

I'm a little late to the party but thought I'd throw a pic of my WK into the mix. I've had it just about a year now and absolutely love it! The CRD is my favorite feature but the QDII is a close second. I've only taken it on one trip to NM for a week but it performed flawlessly. This is a pic right after installing the OME HD 2.5" lift. Don't mind the Learjet in the back, it's not mine...

IMAG0803.jpg

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
I'm a little late to the party but thought I'd throw a pic of my WK into the mix. I've had it just about a year now and absolutely love it! The CRD is my favorite feature but the QDII is a close second. I've only taken it on one trip to NM for a week but it performed flawlessly. This is a pic right after installing the OME HD 2.5" lift. Don't mind the Learjet in the back, it's not mine...

View attachment 285806

Welcome...Diesel and QD2 is a great combo

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
We have a '14 WK2 V6. I'm seeing 19-20 in town and 25ish highway. Great rig so far.
DSC03838_zps53523e43.jpg

DSC04063_zps88a2d061.jpg

I am also pulling teardrop trailer with a WK2. Mine is a 2011 WK2 5.7 Hemi Summit model. Love it. Just got back to Minnesota from Moab. Since I live 1000 miles from anywhere I want to play, the creature comforts help.

The Hemi will pull the teardrop :) Gas mileage sucks, but I get a big smile out of stepping on the pedal.

RandomAbstract

Adventurer
Me too! There a lot of you guys out west, Denver, Grand Junction and I see Utah plates. You should make plans to make it to Grand Slam West in Moab, it starts June 11th. There is even a group coming from California.

Well, here is my "just wrong WK" set up for more ExPo type driving. I know that it's not an SRT model but to me that's just fine .

View attachment 282129

How do you like your drawer with the pullout "dining table"? I have an ARB fridge like yours and have been contemplating building a similar drawer.

Last edited:

Terex

Adventurer
On a recent trip to the Gila Wilderness in southern NM from Taos, my Overland Diesel averaged 17 mpg for the 900 mi. trip. Included a lot of 70-75 mph travel on I-25, serious twisting mountain road between Caballo and San Lorenzo of Rt. 152 (really beautiful road), and lots of steep, twisty forest road into the Gila area. The diesel is perfect for pulling our approx. 3k lb. VMI Offroad trailer.

Our campsite in the Gila.

IMG_1736.jpg

The previous weekend I had my rig at the Overland Expo as part of VMI's presentation. This JGC (of Easter Jeep Safari fame) was on display. Mine will look closer to this when I get different wheels/tires and rock rails installed.

IMG_1725.jpg

Jason911

Adventurer
Add mine to the mix: slow build-out for a gravel-travel vehicle. 2014 WK2 Limited EcoDiesel. Full factory armor, mopar rock rails, take-off wheels/tires from a 2013 Trailhawk. Ordered out with only 5 options: trailer tow, off-road armor/recovery, navigation, body color mirrors and the diesel. Powder-coated the roof rails in this photo, and just recently had the factory chrome grill done in satin-grey metallic. View attachment 290625

Charles R

Adventurer
New member here, and I thought I'd add to the thread.
I took this pic in California, near Bald Mountain.
DSC_9764w.jpg

The only build up so far is Bilstein 5100 front shocks (at the lowest setting), and a set of 31.5" Goodyears.

Bob Freda

Adventurer
How do you like your drawer with the pullout "dining table"? I have an ARB fridge like yours and have been contemplating building a similar drawer.

I really got to use it this past week on a 4 day trip to the North Maine Woods. It was very handy and when I needed to open the drawer further, the "table" goes along and the things on it don't get swept to the ground.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I did post some pictures of my build of the drawer in the "storage solutions " section.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles